The Ultimate Keeping Question.

I have been just fascinated with them since I was small and always wanted one and one day I started building a cage and buying lights and stuff now am hooked I just find them so interesting and the colors u can get is unreal. Am buyer in the middle of building another cage and planing to bet another one soon

I just got my Veiled Chameleon I fell in love with them two years ago, although I am very very nervous that I will do something wrong or such /:

I'm sure with the immense knowledge clogging the airways on this forum you will be just fine, however make sure you ask questions anytime you have one, we won't see it as annoying or stupid.

started searching reptile forums about proper turtle husbandry in summer 2010 and found out that there was (quite a lot of) people actually keeping and breeding chameleons. 3 months after that I went to a reptile show near where I lived and came back home with a tiny 4 in. baby veiled which has grown into the big colorful guy in my avatar, thanks to this forum :cool:

I was sort of pushed into it :D My friend who worked at petsmart said they had a sick female veiled chameleon and they were pretty much just waiting for her to die. I told her to tell them I would adopt it and I brought Molly home :eek: No clue at all about chameleons. It was a huge learning experience, and she lived 8 more months! The little chameleon who wasn't even supposed to last another week.

started with a terrarium

It all started with me wanting to set up a large terrarium. I began studying up on how to set one up, plants to use, etc. As I was doing research I began to come across sites were living creatures were placed in the terrariums/vivariums. So, I began researching what I could put inside. First I was considering Dart frogs, then Williams blue gecko, but I finally settled on a chameleon. I'm very happy with my choice and I'm very glad to have found this forum.

I always had animals growing up. You name it, I had it. My first taste of reptiles was a pair of Leopard Geckos, Jack and Rose.

.. Don't ask. Titanic was my favorite movie at 8 years old. Lol.

My best friend, Ashton, is an animal hoarder. She has 15+ snakes, 3 Leopard Geckos, a Crestie, Tarantulas, 2 dogs, a Sugar Glider, and the list goes on and on. Ashton begged me for two straight years to get back into reptiles. I really wanted to, but I didn't feel like a Leopard Gecko would do the trick. So I kept putting it off.

Well I ended up going into a local pet store. Right when I walked in, the first animal that caught my eye was a female Veiled. She was so beautiful! Every time I saw her, she was this bluish green color. It looked like the ocean. To this day I still haven't seen a Cham like that. I had always appreciated Chameleons, but I didn't know they were actually sold in the US. I live in a small town, so I didn't realize people have been owning Chameleons for years.

From then on I was on a mission! I ran across the forum while doing research. I went on the get the supplies and find the right Cham. I ended up with a male Veiled and named him Bodhi. My current collection consists of Bodhi, the new addition Loki (Ambilobe), and a Crested Gecko named Phoenix. I love them all and couldn't be happier. No other animal could ever compare to my Chameleons. :)

Loki
redbelly.jpg

Bodhi
photo-107.jpg

Phoenix
photo-141.jpg

I got my first chameleon because of a dream I had one night. Back when i was 12 I was in a rec football team with my dad as a coach. One day we went to petsmart to pick up some dog food when I noticed a tree in the middle of the store. I quickly walked over to the tree when a person in the store walked up to me and told me how inside there was an adult Vield hanging out on a branch. He quickly brought him down and I was awestruck. After speaking to my dad about the cham he proposed that he would buy it for me if i was able to run back a kickoff during the weekends game. Sadly it did not come to pass.

Now 8 years later I woke up seeing myself running from goalpost to goalpost and I could not stop thinking of the deal my dad made for me and the reptile that caught my eye. The rest is history :p

I got my first chameleon because of a dream I had one night. Back when i was 12 I was in a rec football team with my dad as a coach. One day we went to petsmart to pick up some dog food when I noticed a tree in the middle of the store. I quickly walked over to the tree when a person in the store walked up to me and told me how inside there was an adult Vield hanging out on a branch. He quickly brought him down and I was awestruck. After speaking to my dad about the cham he proposed that he would buy it for me if i was able to run back a kickoff during the weekends game. Sadly it did not come to pass.

Now 8 years later I woke up seeing myself running from goalpost to goalpost and I could not stop thinking of the deal my dad made for me and the reptile that caught my eye. The rest is history :p

Now that's a parent for you. Bribing their kid to be a star football player, so they can get an animal. Lol. I bet you were heart broken. :(

My cousins had two, so I started to research them.
( more like obsess :p)

Then when my parents said I couldn't get my own little one, I kinda rebled and saved up for 2 years ,with chameleon research all over my room, until i had over 800 to buy him, then they finally said yes! :D Best day ever when he came! :D

I read through all of these stories. They are all great but this one was my favorite :)

My story is very long. I typed most of it up but want to trim it down before I post it. (I have a bad habit of super long posts...)

Back
Top Bottom