The Ultimate Keeping Question.

Goldenarcher1328

Alright Cham owners and even aspiring Cham Owners.

I have the ultimate Chameleon keeping question of all time.

Why did you decide to keep chameleons?

For me, I promised my girlfriend she could get one, and i fell in love with them. lets hear yours.

My cousins had two, so I started to research them.
( more like obsess :p)

Then when my parents said I couldn't get my own little one, I kinda rebled and saved up for 2 years ,with chameleon research all over my room, until i had over 800 to buy him, then they finally said yes! :D Best day ever when he came! :D

I laid eyes on my first chameleon in the summer of 2004 when my daughter came home from college for the summer with one. At first I thought what does she want with that thing????? Then I quickly fell in love with her. By the next summer she came home with several and the summer after so many they wouldn’t all fit in the house. My daughter has always traveled a lot with her boyfriend of 8 years so I was always the cham-sitter. She’s had mostly panthers and Melleri.

I didn’t get my very own chameleon until 2007 when my husband surprised me with Luie.

My girlfriend and I got the idea one day and I began researching as much as I could and saving every penny. We would go to petsmart just to check them out and when I saw the little Guy walking away and keeping an eye on us I knew we had to get one and we've been successful so far with our first reptile for a little over a month:)

Spent a week at my older sister's house. She has lots of reptiles. I had bearded dragons, uromastyxs and chameleons. Now I have 6 chameleons, but soon I will have 9 chams, and am babysitting pair of chams, williamsii geckos, and 3 rescues, a bearded dragon, a water dragon (don't think he will make it) and a leopard gecko.

For me it was because I wanted something to look after! Lol! All my friends are having babies ( I already have a 12 year old daughter ) I had to convince my partner that it was a good idea but now he loves our chameleon like a baby too :)

My neighbour had a large exoterra terrarium sitting at the end of their drive way for free. For some reason i decided I wanted it but at the time had no idea what for. Either way I grabbed it and it sat in my front room for about 6months. Then one day out of the blue I looked at it and said to my GF "I want to put a chameleon in there" So after 3 days of phone calls ( i didnt know anyone then ) I found my lil Camo at a PetSmart about 1hour away.
Its been a true love ever since :)

Haha These are great stories, For me, Lauren, my girlfriend had really wanted one, i told her once she knew more about chameleons then i knew about fish, then i would get one.

Well... I went to a reptile expo and couldn't find what i was looking for, I had the money, and in the "heat of the moment" ( haha i am an impulsive buyer in the sense that if i have room and money and proper means to care for it, its MINE!) i asked her do you wanna get a chameleon? I had already been doing tons of research and one thing led to another and...BAM Chameleon!

Now i'm Hooked!

Haha These are great stories, For me, Lauren, my girlfriend had really wanted one, i told her once she knew more about chameleons then i knew about fish, then i would get one.

Well... I went to a reptile expo and couldn't find what i was looking for, I had the money, and in the "heat of the moment" ( haha i am an impulsive buyer in the sense that if i have room and money and proper means to care for it, its MINE!) i asked her do you wanna get a chameleon? I had already been doing tons of research and one thing led to another and...BAM Chameleon!

Now i'm Hooked!

It was just meant to bee then when the timebis right :D I'm an impulse buyer as well which can be bad sometimes, but I was def ready for my Camille:) I wish I could find a reptile show in Atlanta.

I just got my Veiled Chameleon I fell in love with them two years ago, although I am very very nervous that I will do something wrong or such /:

I saw a pic of a bright colored panther cham, and thought "how freaking awesome is that?!" Started reading about chams and before I knew it, I couldn't stop thinking about them!

Back
Top Bottom