The Ultimate Chameleon Shopping List

saradoggy10

Established Member
I'm putting together an ULTIMATE CHAMELEON SHOPPING LIST
Please post your favorite chameleon supplies here!

• Food
  • Habitat (DIY habitat supplies OR a premade setup)
  • Supplements
  • Plants
  • Fake plants
  • Branches
  • Misting (DIY supplies, misting king, or spray bottle)
  • Lighting
  • Drainage
  • Plant elevation
  • Trays
  • Light elevation
  • etc.
Maybe even some COOL CHAMELEON STUFF like these earrings I found one time at claires that I wear on a regular basis
https://www.claires.com/us/rainbow-...||&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=

If you've made a list please feel free to post it here. Debates about what are the best things are welcome!!

• Food -
    • Variety. Roaches, Worms, Black Soldier Fly Larvea, flying insects
  • Habitat
    • I recommend Dragon Strand Enclosures unless you are pretty handy at building things.
  • Supplements
    • Repashy Calcium Plus LoD - Depending on Species. OR - Calcium without d3 at every feeding, except every other week when you alternate Calcium with D3 and a multi vitamin.
  • Plants
  • Fake plants
    • No thanks.
  • Branches
    • Grap some non sap branches outside and clean / sun bake them and use those. If you use fake vines then make sure they dont' flake / are various sizes so the chameleons feet has multiples sizes of surface area to walk on.
  • Misting (DIY supplies, misting king, or spray bottle)
    • Mist King.
  • Lighting
    • Arcadia Lighting in t5ho fixture
    • LED's for plants.
  • Drainage
    • I drill holes in the bottom and use a bucket to catch excess water. This would be very different if you were going Bioactive.
  • Plant elevation
    • I keep my plants in the middle ish -- leaving the top quarter / third open for basking.
  • Trays
    • Whatever works I suppose...
  • Light elevation
    • I rest my lights on top of the enclosure, but it's best to measure with a UV Meter to see what placement works best for you -- depening on where your highest brancn is also.
Hope this helps . This is just my experience and me being non DIY.

Attachments

• IMG_20200517_153820_422.jpg
    IMG_20200517_153820_422.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 93
lol for first aid, I personally always keep makuna honey (for burns) rept aid (for wounds) water based lubricant (for prolapses) syringes (for feeding if they get sick) carnivore care (for protein if they get sick and refuse to eat) pears (for constipation) a gram scale (to keep track or weight) liquid calcium (incase mbd is a problem) and baby food (for added carbs or sugars your chameleon may need to pull through any illnesses they might run into)

ofc that's just the basics and it doesn't cover all bases but its a good start imo

lol for first aid, I personally always keep makuna honey (for burns) rept aid (for wounds) water based lubricant (for prolapses) syringes (for feeding if they get sick) carnivore care (for protein if they get sick and refuse to eat) pears (for constipation) a gram scale (to keep track or weight) liquid calcium (incase mbd is a problem) and baby food (for added carbs or sugars your chameleon may need to pull through any illnesses they might run into)

ofc that's just the basics and it doesn't cover all bases but its a good start imo

Wow you guys put some thought into this lol. Only thing I could be critical of is the carbs/sugar... that'd be more likely to make many illnesses worse than better. Sugar is best avoid for immune health.

Wow you guys put some thought into this lol. Only thing I could be critical of is the carbs/sugar... that'd be more likely to make many illnesses worse than better. Sugar is best avoid for immune health.
yeah, I figured its easier to help recover from a physical illness lol, sugar would be natural because a lot of fruit or veg tend to carry an amount of that and carbs are a boost in energy, kind of like a last hope type of boost, I hope nobody thought that I meant a baby food with added sugar, that's a big no, should have clarified! Baby food tends to carry a lot of health benefits given the right kind, its almost always a last chance thing for me though

edit: squash or sweet potato is usually best imo

Back
Top Bottom