Panther Company

Established Member
Here is this guy six weeks ago:
tlYukl.jpg

And now a few shots from last night:
NfZM75pl.jpg

D3NGgvTl.jpg

su0Almjl.jpg

He was bred by forum member VeiledChams.

Per VeiledChams, his sire is from the Thor line at Kaleidoscope Chameleons and his dam came from another forum member, screen name Germ. She may have been CH (hopefully VeiledChams or Germ can correct me).

At this point we've accepted that he is likely a hybrid, stemming from his presumed CH dam. The red is just insane and taking over the blue bars. Prior to more red setting in, we'd paired him with a female Ambanja from Screameleon's Gavan line, but for now we're holding off on pairing him with other females from proven Ambanja lines until we get a better idea of where his colors are going to end up. We're not complaining at all about how awesome he is, though--it's just that for our Ambanja breeding project we're now sticking with our 3 WC males, a Ranger Jr, and another male from the SoKool line at Screameleons (Ranger is, I believe, from the SoKool line).

thank you, studio2eight and Chameleonmaster.

Also I meant to add... since we've concluded he's pretty much definitely a hybrid, anyone care to guess what the other locale(s) might have been in the Dam's genetics? We're scratching our heads over what would be paired with an Ambanja male to yield this coloring in the offspring. He's about 11 months old at this point.

Wow, He is beautiful! I knew he wasn't going to keep those dark blue bars and that is why I sold him to you. However, I had know idea he was a hybrid myself!! Now I feel like I passed an animal on to you that you can't use as a breeder. Sorry man...he was sold to me as an Ambanja.:confused:

chamcapture -- no problem, like I've explained before I tried really hard to get him from VeiledChams directly, we just had some sort of problem with me not receiving his responses via the forum's messaging system. Anyway, short story is I would have bought him either way as soon I was given the option. And i was happy to get him so soon after you got him from VieledChams; assumed I had just lost him. Both Vinnie and I still think he's really cool. And, we're excited to see how his color develops. Also, like I said he did recently pair with a female from the Gavan line--so we'll just have a 1-2 hybrid clutches from her that'll be at least 75% Ambanja and 100% beautiful. We actually also paired him with with a CB Nosy Faly female, knowing they'd produce hybrids (this was when we had several receptive CB Faly females but only one male who was not up to the task).

Another update is that LTC Ambanja male that we got from you has recently paired with two other females from the Gavan line. We're hoping for Purple bars :)

Last edited:
Here's another picture from last night against a white backdrop. You can really see the red. If you look at the thread of him as he developed the progression in the last few months is quite astonishing.

mNc4y5xl.jpg

His sire, Thor from Kaleidoscope Chameleon's had the red rain, but on a much more quintessential Ambanja body.

Hey Josh,
If you get time can you post pics of the LTC Ambanja. I am dying to see how he is looking! He was one of my fav's.

Back
Top Bottom