The Pygmies are coming!

Julirs

:)Pygmies arrive tomorrow-a nice trio of captive breds from Mike at FL chams.
Here is my setup. They are babies so for now this is a 10G, but I am working on a 20tall for the future! I plan on baking some leaves today (are Live Oak leaves and Maple leaves OK?) to put on the bottom as well as some additional twigs. Any suggestions?
DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

Set up looks great! Just a little word of caution though, I have a 30 high for my pygmies and Roo warned me that it may be hard to let the excess humidity escape the higher tanks and boy was he correct. They don't let the tank dry enough between mistings, so be very careful not to over water in them. I am constantly fighting it and have recently purchased a new tank for them because of this. I just wanted to let you know before you got it all set up!

I just got a standard 40g tank for my trio and it works very well. I definitely have noticed a shorter drying period between mistings and the substrate still stays slightly damp as it should.

Question! I found Pygmies upside down walking the screen and the rim of the tank, so I trimmed the plants down so that there was no way they could get up there, BUT-I still had a Pygmy sleeping upside down on the screen last night! How did he/she get up there?

Question! I found Pygmies upside down walking the screen and the rim of the tank, so I trimmed the plants down so that there was no way they could get up there, BUT-I still had a Pygmy sleeping upside down on the screen last night! How did he/she get up there?

Where there is a will, there is a way. They are pretty scrappy little chameleons. I find them on the screen on occasion too. I used to remove them, but now I just let them hang.. figure they might be wanting higher air flow, more exposure to the UVB lights, different temperature, etc. I am very careful about opening the lid, though!

Back
Top Bottom