The new guy, Pete.

Zephalia

Established Member
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums and chameleons and reptiles in general. Recently acquired my little buddy, Pete, from Monika at Chameleons Galore. He's doing great at a little over 3 and a half months old.

I wanted to share with you all since he's my little bundle of joy and I think only fellow chameleon enthusiasts can appreciate and understand my excitement to have him as a part of the family!

Peteat3monthscolour_zps00750ffa.jpg

Peteat3monthscolour2_zps3e02c4c4.jpg

Oh, and can someone let me know if I've described myself correctly below? :) Thanks.

Yep. Signature looks correct. You're not required to have a name, but it adds a little personal touch ;)

Oh!! And welcome! :D

My advice is to read the forum daily, at least every night before bed, I have learned so much by doing this. Good luck on your little guy, you are at the right place to learn all about them.

My advice is to read the forum daily, at least every night before bed, I have learned so much by doing this. Good luck on your little guy, you are at the right place to learn all about them.

I couldn't agree more. There's lots of knowledge that can be learned about Chameleon's here. I've read dang near every book on Furcifer Pardalis, but there are some things that you just can't get the answers too.

What makes the forums great is that everyone can share their own experiences and knowledge from their experiences.

Keep in mind that nobody can claim to know everything about these fascinating creatures, and just as you'll find good advice and suggestions on here, you'll also find bad suggestions. Everyone should end what they suggest with "IMO," because that's really the truth. Most everything is opinionated.

Good luck with your new RB Ambi! And welcome to the forums!

I couldn't agree more. There's lots of knowledge that can be learned about Chameleon's here. I've read dang near every book on Furcifer Pardalis, but there are some things that you just can't get the answers too.

What makes the forums great is that everyone can share their own experiences and knowledge from their experiences.

Keep in mind that nobody can claim to know everything about these fascinating creatures, and just as you'll find good advice and suggestions on here, you'll also find bad suggestions. Everyone should end what they suggest with "IMO," because that's really the truth. Most everything is opinionated.

Good luck with your new RB Ambi! And welcome to the forums!

Totally agree.

Thank you all for the welcomes and advice. I stumbled upon this site pretty much the day I got Pete although I did about 6 months of reading on chameleon care before he arrived. I had his enclosure set up months before he was here and tested humidity and temp. levels. I'm a researcher at heart so these forums are my new resource. I agree with you guys that there is some valuable info. on here and also some garbage but there is also a differential in what works for some people may not for others.

It's a learning process that I'm sure will continue for a very long time. Pete and I are getting to know eachother and I'm having a great time learning about this amazing species. Yesterday I had him outside as it was a scorcher and humid. We went for a walk down the road and I stuck him on a stalk of corn for a while which he loved. I'm in a small town, so the field was not far from my house. :)

I'm trying to find an affordable ficus around here. I'd really love to have him free range half the time in the house. He seems to be much more friendly when he's been out of the enclosure for a bit. I stuck his Pothos in the sill to dry out a bit last night and that's where I took that pic.

Again, thanks for the advice.

Congrats on your new family addition, he is so cute, and you have the right
attitude and way of thinking to make your little guy healthy and happy,
and with a little patience and work, friendly too :D

Update on Pete

Hey everyone. Putting up some pics of Pete on his new ficus. It's set up in front of the large living room window and he's loving it. I can see in his face what a nuisance I am with the camera. lol

Other than the green on his cheeks and the very faint reddish barring he sometimes shows, he doesn't have much colour yet.

New Enclosure

Ok, this kid is spoiled. He's only been with me a month and he had his starter cage (which my Dad unintentionally ruined by melting the frame with the heat lamp), he's got his free range ficus in the living room and this morning I set up his adult cage for him.

I'm rather impressed, I think it looks quite nice, definitely an improvement. It had to be done as I was finding too many crickets and mealworms wandering around my house and even being woken up at night with crickets in my bed, yuck! This cage is undamaged and sealed. I kept the floor clear and covered it with paper towel for easier clean up as well as the fake log/stick thing for him to climb up in case he falls. Oh and some fake flowers to make it prettay!

Let me know what you guys think!

He shed, seeing some colours now

Pete had a shed this past week and it is so exciting to see his colours developing. He's got red, yellow belly, blues and greens.

Update on Pete

Hey guys - another update on Pete. He's doing very well and starting to get more and more colour each day. I'm including some pics I took this morning but he wasn't showing his full colours. You can see in comparison from the old pics that he's developing. It's so exciting to watch him change day by day!

Yet another update!

Had a rough weekend and Monday so I took some pics of Pete to cheer me up and it worked! Must share.

Pete is looking great. Congrats and welcome. A bit of possible constructive criticism, make sure his temps aren't so high w/ the light sitting directly on his enclosure that he might get burnt. Just throwing out come caution.

Back
Top Bottom