The new girl in the office

OldChamKeeper

Chameleon Enthusiast
IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0652.JPG

This is new female I recently got from Bion in the Ukraine along with Laurie's new little blue boy. She finally decided to let me snap a picture of two. Quite shy even for a Parson but over the last month she's now accepting food from my hands and seeking me out for the morning feeding. No I don't use feeder cups, I monitor the intake of my Parson's closely. I expect to grow her out over the next 12 months and get her to a nice 300-400 grams before letting Atlas meet and greet her. The bucket list is getting closer.... shit... a year to breeding...another say 90 days for eggs.... then about 565 days of incubation.... one time consuming hobby of mine.

Wow Ralph she looks fantastic! Glad to hear she's adjusting.
What's her name: Katerina?
So does she speak Russian or Ukranian? How do you two communicate?

Your chameleons are awesome - totally worth any kind of time consumption. I could happily dedicate my life to Atlas :)

Wow Ralph she looks fantastic! Glad to hear she's adjusting.
What's her name: Katerina?
So does she speak Russian or Ukranian? How do you two communicate?

She flips me off and I listen. Typical sign language.

As for Atlas I only offer a pre killed fuzzy once to twice a month. He'll take it if I wiggle it. Most chameleons will go after any type of prey if it is something they don't see often.

Your guys looking spectacular..
Now at what age Atlas became a cat??o_O

The cats are afraid of him, very afraid. I don't think he can pass himself for one.

But think on this, for an animal to be big enough to comfortably eat what he's eating, he's way too big for crickets and other conventional food sources. Before buying one of these animals take into consideration their considerable food requirements. We hear a lot about housing but housing is a common theme regardless of the species. This is one of the very few species where their food requirements are something to seriously consider before buying one.

Shes a real looker, judging by size and that my Parsons came from Bion I would have to say she is more than likely a sister to my female. How much does she weigh? I am glad you had a good experience with Bion. My experience with them was perfect, I was able to select my exact animals and they arrived in beautiful conditions this past June.

Shes a real looker, judging by size and that my Parsons came from Bion I would have to say she is more than likely a sister to my female. How much does she weigh? I am glad you had a good experience with Bion. My experience with them was perfect, I was able to select my exact animals and they arrived in beautiful conditions this past June.
I was gonna weight her tomorrow. When she arrived she was around 65g. She hasn't grown much but I would place her around 75g

for scale, that fuzzy (body length) in Atlas's mouth is the length of her head. She's got some growing to do.

Back
Top Bottom