the hand is swollen

kalson

when i look at my cham today which is a jackson female about 4 months old , i found three of her fingers in the left fore hand are swollen, and the rest of the hand are ok . She still can climb up and down and walk around in the cage and seems to be in good mood and appetite.
what can i do to cure her hand ?
is it kind of infection ?
please help

I doubt it's an infection if there isn't any cuts, redness or immune response
associated with the swelling
imo, It's most likely that it's a broken or stressed digit from a fall inside the cage
barring MBD and assuming it's healthy
I don't think there's much that you can do except
leave it alone and let it heal up.

Is she missing any nails on the affected digits? Jacksons are infamous for foot infections caused by cuts and ripped out nails.
For treatment I would start by soaking the foot in a betadine solution, but I would recommend a vet visit to evaluate the need for antibiotics. Generally with chameleons, if you wait for them to look sick, you may have waited too long. They can go downhill so fast.

i have checked her hand throughroughly and cant not find any obvious cut or wounds. and the nails are all intact and in good shape as well as the pad .
the swollen area are dry and doesnt seem to have any liquid leaking out . and i have checked her joints for all the limbs and they are ok too.....

i dont think she gets a MBD but have reasied another question which is whether she was born like this or somekind of gene mutation, as i actually found her three fingers are almost fused together.

And up to this moment what i can do is to dilute some ethanol to clean her fingers to avoid further inflections if it really got inflected.
thanks all u guys

she eat about 5-8 medium size crickets a day and i do dust and gut load the cricket b4 feeding her.

My interperetation of the described sysmptoms lead me to beleive this may be gout. Jacksons are a species that are often oversupplemented with dietary supplement dusts, their bodies require less concentration of nutrients.

Gout is hyperuricemia, the accumulation of excessive amounts of uric acid. This forms a crystaline substance in the joints, painfully imobilising parts of the limb. It's associated problems include but are not limited to; renal failure, dehydration, excessive calcium intake, sever lack of Vitamin A.

Back
Top Bottom