The gut loads on the lost world!!!!

ColorCham427

Avid Member
Hey all,

I am interested in striking up a conversation on natural food selection for the following two species. Who has been in Maddy and has taken time to study what Furcifer Pardalis and Calumma parsonii's meal/menu?

Out of all the wild footage I have viewed of these two species, they generally are eating some sort of grasshoppers, stick bugs or mantis. Is this because the camera crew choose to catch and feed these off for the documentary? Do any of you know any person "behind the scenes" of any wild footage of either of these two species?

Has anyone taken the time to observe the appropriate size insects for these two species? What insects are most abundant around the younger species as appose to the larger ones?

What species of plants are most common for the plant eating insects such as katydids, and other hoppers? Stick bugs too?

What species of plants are most common for the butterflies/moths nectar source? Does this play a role of nutrition? For those of you who are educated in plants, and the benefits of nectar for flies, do different species of flower offer lower/higher potency of something healthy or unhealthy?

For you plant peeps, what does the natural sun do to plants? Does the sun up any nutrition content so the bugs that eat these plants are getting a healthier plant to pass on to the chameleons?

For people who know about trees and wood, do wood eating insects contain any source of "good stuff" lol?

Are there isopods in Maddy that come up on the surface for younger chameleons to hunt and eat? Anything about the soil that is special?

There is a video on youtube of a new born chameleon eating spiderlings off a web. For those of you who are educated with spiders and slings, what exactly are these slings filled with that gives them the energy to spin their webs and hunt straight out of their sack? I have been collecting common house spider egg sacs and have been hatching hundreds if not thousands of slings! These guys are twice as small as D mel fruit flies. If any of you could use these as feeders, be my guest and PM me, just pay shipping as I have nothing small enough to feed these off to.

Oh by the way, I was told by my friend Vince at screameleons that he has a friend who had a panther that would readily take strawberry chunks. This came to mind after I viewed a video on youtube recently, of a panther that eats squash. Any of you ever witnessed a panther eat some sort of veg/fruit? Any locals feed panthers or Parsons veg/fruit? What fruits are commonly produced on Maddy?

These questions are never ending for most of us, thought I would start a thread about the "natural gut loads of Maddy".

Thanks for any insight, and please remove this thread or re-locate this post in case there is already something on this! Peace to all :)

Back
Top Bottom