The growth of Yoda!

yodathepanther

Established Member
F0DEE7E5-39F0-45CE-87D3-125389DEF6FB.jpeg
C690F22F-D644-4CF7-AB21-16FCCE7CA26B.jpeg
E2D880D4-DC82-4E28-BE02-2F59A7B6947D.jpeg
2AA1FED1-5A70-4A84-83CF-7FE0E3F39277.jpeg
109CEA27-3454-4F34-9ED0-6A1A2AFBADE0.jpeg
Yodas growth from the first day we got him three months ago! I am so amazed at all the growth and color he has gained in this amount of time, His grip is SO strong and he is such a strong boy!! I wanted to share this with all the chameleon lovers on here because their growth cycle makes me speechless! Me and My boyfriend are so greatful to have Yoda with us everyday he truly makes life beautiful!!!!!! I cant wait to see see the big boy he grows into, he has shown almost every color and its a very good relief knowing your doing everything u can for your chemeleon and they appreciate it and grow from it!!! <3 i love my baby!!

I am very excited to see that not only Yoda is beautiful and healthy looking but that he had such a complete change in colors, how often has he shed ? Do you have a guess on age ?@yodathepanther I just got a 7 month old boy and after talking with the breeder and seeing the mother and sire (who was similar looking to Yoda with reds ) I was second guessing who made the eggs lol. My dude is super blue as Yoda was in original photos very excited to see the transformations that my dude goes and grows through.

I am very excited to see that not only Yoda is beautiful and healthy looking but that he had such a complete change in colors, how often has he shed ? Do you have a guess on age ?@yodathepanther I just got a 7 month old boy and after talking with the breeder and seeing the mother and sire (who was similar looking to Yoda with reds ) I was second guessing who made the eggs lol. My dude is super blue as Yoda was in original photos very excited to see the transformations that my dude goes and grows through.
When we first got Yoda he would shed about twice a month but now he goes weeks without shedding since hes older but he sheds within a couple hours, He is about 7 months now. When we got him as you already noticed he only had blue and white but once he was around 4-5 months he really started gaining some color, let us see your new baby! Most Panthers will develope lots of colors and blow your mind with how they progress and develope so youll be very excited throughout this process!

When we first got Yoda he would shed about twice a month but now he goes weeks without shedding since hes older but he sheds within a couple hours, He is about 7 months now. When we got him as you already noticed he only had blue and white but once he was around 4-5 months he really started gaining some color, let us see your new baby! Most Panthers will develope lots of colors and blow your mind with how they progress and develope so youll be very excited throughout this process!
IMG_20190206_073826.jpg
IMG_20190203_202412.jpg
IMG_20190205_130510.jpg

Currently this is my situation ...
Chameleon
What we believe to be a male panther (furcifer pardalis) in my care for a week. Purchased locally in San Diego.
Handling
Not even trying just getting him used to the new environment
Feeding
Crickets offered daily tried dubia roaches with no interest. Have offered horn worm ,wax worm, silk worm, just got b.s.f.l. shipped unfortunately they were d.o.a. . He will eat a few tong fed feeders and I do a control release of crickets to allow him to hunt / eat when I'm not looking.
Suppliment
Use repcal calcium with and without D3 and multivitamin. Dusting crickets. Using cricket crack gut load as well as fresh veggies carrots peas and greens.
Water
Using diy drippers and hand misting. R/O water ..seen him love a mist session and drink.I bought and assembled a mist king system but need to run it into the enclosure. I'm gonna let him settle in before making to many more changes or forcing him out of the cage. (Have dragon ledge to install as well for more plants just gonna do as much as I can in one day off).
Fecal.
Moist and tight normal white urate . Has been pooping daily so I know he's been hunting his crickets. Am considering getting it tested for parasite he seems so small for a July hatch date.
History
Bought locally in San Diego I'll try to find photos of the mom and pop. Believe to have hatched in July 2018

Cage.
2*2*4 zoo-med screen
Light- pending order from light your reptiles for a t5ho 24 inch double bulb
Currently have Zoomed Linear t5ho uvb and then dome lights for heat as needed. Dome have dimmers (it's colder than normal right now I'm s.d.) and are lifted one inch off screen to avoid risk of burns. Most vines and plants are 4-6 inches lower than the screen with few vines into corners and branches for basking points are available about 3-4 inches way or at least offset from center of bulb.
Temps ambient room temp 70
Measurements via 5 remote temp/humidity sensors as well as infrared temp gun. Top area offers 3 temp areas front right is warmest with plants and vines to bask 80-86 front left is around 78-82 with vines and logs back 76-78 , middle/lower 72-76 on vines if under a plants 68-72 lower area has cooler zone under pothos plant. Room temp is normally 68-72 (just checked it 73 °f 50% humidity)
IMG_20190209_120959.jpg
in winter and will be much warmer in coming months but have never had a need to measure it.
Humidity
The plants do wonders average ambient room humidity is 35-50 (50 because I'm now misting ) I keep snake plants and pothos as well as others. Humidity has been better than I had thought before getting the 5 sensors. Misting by hand but have a mist king I will be installing soon.
Plants
Lots of airplants, pothos, ficus, dracaena, snake plants and working in Spanish moss to hold humidity / drip . All potted plants have large rocks covering the soils. Plants purchased from local nursery City Farmer San Diego they are great, Using Fox farm soil and washed them in my sink
Placement
The enclosure is in my bedroom, east facing window we rise with the sun, the plants get some natural sun in the very early morning helps keep them happy. He's next to a Ikea fixture on the right and there are no other pets /cats / dogs allowed in the room.
We are living in San Diego California.

I think I completed the form.

Attachments

• IMG_20190209_121031.jpg
    IMG_20190209_121031.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20190209_120024.jpg
    IMG_20190209_120024.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom