The freeze

Paradalis

Avid Member
Hello! I know if you live in America some parts are getting very cold.🥶 I was wondering if I could keep on my basking light all day for Loki. Is that okay? I would like for him to stay warm but if we lose power I have no idea what I will do. Thanks!😊

Attachments

• IMG_0560.jpeg
    IMG_0560.jpeg
    387.3 KB · Views: 11
So FYI if yall loose power you need to have measures in place to keep ambient temps no lower than 50. They can go a few days without light no problem it is dealing with temps that are far too cold for them to bounce back from.

So if you have a way to run a fireplace for heat... Hanging blankets up over the windows to try to keep the room more insulated. Shrink wrap film on window to help keep the cold out. Get the heat warmer packs that you can activate and lay on top of your cage.

So FYI if yall loose power you need to have measures in place to keep ambient temps no lower than 50. They can go a few days without light no problem it is dealing with temps that are far too cold for them to bounce back from.

So if you have a way to run a fireplace for heat... Hanging blankets up over the windows to try to keep the room more insulated. Shrink wrap film on window to help keep the cold out. Get the heat warmer packs that you can activate and lay on top of your cage.
THANK YOU! I do have a wood burning stove in my house. My home is actually a remodeled church that was built in 1901..so heating is difficult 😂 the room he is in is heated with a radiator. I didn’t want to move him to the main room unless it was nessecary. But I can do that if need be. I just have other animals and lots of foot traffic in that room. I think I can get out this afternoon and I’ll see if I can find heat packs just incase

THANK YOU! I do have a wood burning stove in my house. My home is actually a remodeled church that was built in 1901..so heating is difficult 😂 the room he is in is heated with a radiator. I didn’t want to move him to the main room unless it was nessecary. But I can do that if need be. I just have other animals and lots of foot traffic in that room. I think I can get out this afternoon and I’ll see if I can find heat packs just incase
Holy cow I bet your house looks so cool!

Yeah so if you were to loose power you will need to move him into the room that has the wood burning stove. They can deal with the move and disruption they can not deal with freezing temps.

Back
Top Bottom