The form!

Cravina

Hello every one thank you for the add! Please be critical and let me know if I need to make any changes!! It’s my first Cham and want to help him be as healthy as possible :)

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? 6 month old male panther chameleon. First day today!

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? From shipping box to enclosure so far haha

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I’ve got cricket, super worms dubia, and black soldier fly larvae all in order to arrive a few days before him! Using that green gut loading cheat sheet I’ve seen floating around the forum a bunch along with a list the breeder gave me. Today was his first day with me and already at 6 cricket :)

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I’m going to be using repashy calcium w/o d3 every feeding and repashy cal plus lod once a month (no calcium that day)

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Have a mist king and will be running 2-3 minutes before lights are on and after they are off.

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? NA yet I haven’t seen him poop lol

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Wooden and screen 2x2x4

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Arcadia 6% uvb bulb 24” and 65w plant bulb for basking

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

Basking spot is at 80f temped with a gun and ambient temp is 77-80f at the top and 73f toward the lower portion. Checking temp and humidity with zoomed digital thermo/ hygrometer

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? About 45-50 through out the day and 100-80 through the night using a mist king twice a day

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Plants in there are Pothos, Alocasia African mask, Begonia Maculata, calathea, wondering Jew and a spider plant.

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? In my bedroom next to a window. My house is kinda small so he’s tucked in the least traveled part of my bedroom but still some traffic around that end

Location - Where are you geographically located? I’m in Northern California! I’m curious if any one else is in Sonoma county by chance actually haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 111
I’ll be putting my feedback in red.
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? 6 month old male panther chameleon. First day today! Congrats! So very glad to have you here and making the important choice to have everything checked out.

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? From shipping box to enclosure so far haha

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I’ve got cricket, super worms dubia, and black soldier fly larvae all in order to arrive a few days before him! Using that green gut loading cheat sheet I’ve seen floating around the forum a bunch along with a list the breeder gave me. Today was his first day with me and already at 6 cricket :)
Great variety! You’ll want to feed him about 5-6 feeders daily and in about a month or so, cut him back to the same amount but every other day. When he’s about 10-12 months old, you’ll further reduce his feeders to 3-4 every other day. Usually I think panthers are pretty good at letting you know when it’s time to cut back.

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I’m going to be using repashy calcium w/o d3 every feeding and repashy cal plus lod once a month (no calcium that day) I’m pretty sure you’ll want to use the LoD once every other week.

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Have a mist king and will be running 2-3 minutes before lights are on and after they are off. Perfect! If you notice urates are a bit too orange, you could add a 1-2 minute misting mid day.

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? NA yet I haven’t seen him poop lol

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Wooden and screen 2x2x4 Perfect! You’ve set it up terrifically. Only thing I’d say is to raise it up. Chams feel safest when they are up higher than us.

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Arcadia 6% uvb bulb 24” and 65w plant bulb for basking Perfect again! Guessing you have a 12 hour on/off schedule?

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

Basking spot is at 80f temped with a gun and ambient temp is 77-80f at the top and 73f toward the lower portion. Checking temp and humidity with zoomed digital thermo/ hygrometer Make sure to check temps with a probed thermometer as the temp gun only measures surface temps and not air temps.

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? About 45-50 through out the day and 100-80 through the night using a mist king twice a day Good. Daytime humidity is on the lower end of the range, so do make sure it doesn’t get any lower.

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Plants in there are Pothos, Alocasia African mask, Begonia Maculata, calathea, wondering Jew and a spider plant. Not sure what the alocasia is. While panthers don’t eat their plants, they may lick them so just make sure it’s safe.

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? In my bedroom next to a window. My house is kinda small so he’s tucked in the least traveled part of my bedroom but still some traffic around that end

Location - Where are you geographically located? I’m in Northern California! I’m curious if any one else is in Sonoma county by chance actually haha There are several members from California, but I’m not sure what areas. I’m on the opposite coast.

I do have to say, you have really done your homework and it’s such an awesome and refreshing change from so many others who have gotten caught by all of the misinformation out there. If you haven’t already checked out https://chameleonacademy.com/ I suggest you do. The podcasts are incredible and the whole site is full of accurate and up to date info.
Just one last thing though...where is the pic of your cham and does he have a name yet? In order to continue using the forum, the pic is required. ;)

Yay I’m glad I did it all correctly!!! I shall try spraying a extra minute or two in the enclosure midday since you said humidity is alittle low anyways. There is a probed thermometer, actually two one for the bottom and one for the top :)
Thank for the the feedback!! It was actually quite easy finding all the info, chameleon academy works wonders!!! Suuuuuper helpful! I own a tegu as well and there isn’t a huge website with everything like chams do!! It would have been quite helpful instead of rummaging though forums hahaha I shall post him in a second here :)

Yay I’m glad I did it all correctly!!! I shall try spraying a extra minute or two in the enclosure midday since you said humidity is alittle low anyways. There is a probed thermometer, actually two one for the bottom and one for the top :)
Thank for the the feedback!! It was actually quite easy finding all the info, chameleon academy works wonders!!! Suuuuuper helpful! I own a tegu as well and there isn’t a huge website with everything like chams do!! It would have been quite helpful instead of rummaging though forums hahaha I shall post him in a second here :)
Yes, I’ve found some of the other reptile forums aren’t nearly as active and helpful as this one. Many of us have other reptiles and I’ve gotten some great advice for my leopard geckos and we have an awesome beardie thread going. At least one member here has a tegu too.

Super cool! Great to know! And yeah seriously an amazing community :) I also own a leachie gecko! I love all kinds of scaly friends :) Btw just posted that picture you’ve requested!!! Please wif a name!!!

Back
Top Bottom