The first Calumma nasutum has hatched!

luevelvet

Avid Member
This day truly marks a milestone in our endeavors to establish this species in the hobby. The first of hopefully many has hatched in our workshop this morning and we figured we should share this great news! :)

TRH_0570.jpg

Enjoy!

Luis

Great work! Glad to see some hatchlings starting to pop up of some of these species!

Chris

Thanks Chris! I don't know if I can express how happy I am for us to reach this level with them. We still have about a dozen or so eggs incubating so I'm hoping for some males to keep this project going. Now the focus switches to caring for these tiny little gems!

leedragon,

Incubation is typically 90 days or thereabouts. These were incubated and hatched in the enclosure with the female who laid them so it's not 100% possible for me to be accurate with this clutch. We do have other eggs incubating at different temps but it appears they can take warmer temps than we originally thought so we'll be tweaking the incubators a bit to reconcile with this new info. Fun stuff! :)

Luis

Nasutum,gallus and boettgeri are 3 Calumma species who are very good to keep and breed.
I kept and bred the 3 species succesfully.
Eggs dont need any diapause and hatch by roomtemperature after a few months.
By far the easyest callumas to keep and breed in my opinion also very hardy.
Succes with the baby.

Nasutum,gallus and boettgeri are 3 Calumma species who are very good to keep and breed.
I kept and bred the 3 species succesfully.
Eggs dont need any diapause and hatch by roomtemperature after a few months.
By far the easyest callumas to keep and breed in my opinion also very hardy.
Succes with the baby.

So far we have C.nasutum and C.aff.boettgeri (blue nose species from the far north) but we've only received eggs from the C.nasutum. Originally we were incubating eggs at different temps but judging by how shallow they place their eggs, temperature variations are handled rather well.

These were born in an enclosure that is shared by two females and temps from 75-80 aren't uncommon so we're going to adjust our incubation temps for the eggs we did find and are able to incubate separately. Needless to say, this was an amazing surprise when I was checking on everyone this morning. :)

Thanks again everyone!

Luis

This day truly marks a milestone in our endeavors to establish this species in the hobby. The first of hopefully many has hatched in our workshop this morning and we figured we should share this great news! :)

TRH_0570.jpg

Enjoy!

Luis

Dude. This is pretty awesome congrats. Can't wait to see more babies of the awesome species you keep!

Luis that is just wonderful that you have C. nasutum hatching. Just another thing I will look forward to when I come down in Aug, seeing your babies! Hope they all do well with you.

Luis, congrats! What wonderful news!
How did you have them set up? Like your Uroplatus? Any chance of some pics?

I really enjoyed them in the wild and am glad you are experiencing success with them - so pretty!

T

Back
Top Bottom