The D3 Conundrum

I clicked on the last link then the first link on it
Screenshot_20210724-162854_Chrome.jpg
🤣🤣

I think the hard part with this are the variables. It is not just what supplement and how much it has in it but what feeders are being used, size of feeders, hydration, overall husbandry including T5 lighting.

The issue and reason why I still supplement with D3 2 times a month is if a cham is having issues with organ function then it will not be able to go through the entire D3 production cycle with only using UVB lighting. This is that fine line. Beman is healthy but heck if I know what is happening day to day internally. So I choose not to risk it.

I dust very lightly and only on 2 medium dubia. But what I may consider lightly and a medium dubia may not at all be what someone else deems the same.

I think the hard part with this are the variables. It is not just what supplement and how much it has in it but what feeders are being used, size of feeders, hydration, overall husbandry including T5 lighting.

The issue and reason why I still supplement with D3 2 times a month is if a cham is having issues with organ function then it will not be able to go through the entire D3 production cycle with only using UVB lighting. This is that fine line. Beman is healthy but heck if I know what is happening day to day internally. So I choose not to risk it.

I dust very lightly and only on 2 medium dubia. But what I may consider lightly and a medium dubia may not at all be what someone else deems the same.
Exactly. It is not so straight forward. I still supplant as well. Using a solar meter we can see the variance in UV from high to low and side to side. So because it is nearly impossible to say how much time is spent in optimal spot so we supplement. You are correct in that we will have to account for many variables. How often lights are changed, and number , size and type of feeders amongst others.
But I think we can at least come up with a guide line.

Back
Top Bottom