The best reptile show?

Chuck G

Avid Member
I am planning on attending a couple of the bigger shows this year and was curious as to what everyone thought. In particular you west coasters and Florida coasters. One that is a strong possiblity is the NRBA in Daytona in Aug.
Before everyone gets their undies in a bind. I am not going to sell,I will be there to mingle and purchase. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Last year I went to the show in San Diego, Pomona, and Anaheim. From these three I would pick the San Diego show.

Daytona is the way to go! It truly is a great, fun show. There are symposiums to attend on Friday and then the auction on Saturday night-show all day Sat and Sun. Stay at the Hilton-right accross the street and you cannot go wrong. Plus-I will be there! ;)

Daytona is the way to go! It truly is a great, fun show. There are symposiums to attend on Friday and then the auction on Saturday night-show all day Sat and Sun. Stay at the Hilton-right accross the street and you cannot go wrong. Plus-I will be there! ;)

I agree. As far as Florida shows go, Daytona is about as big as it gets down here. The other shows are much smaller and don't usually require more than a half a day. :)

Luis

That's enough reason for me.

If you have never been to Daytona, yes it is still a very good show, but the last few years it has not been a great one compared to the past.

I have been to both the Daytona expo and all of the SoCal shows… The Daytona show is cool but honestly the selection is poor when compared to some of the SoCal shows; that is of course you are looking to purchase LOTS of snakes.

The one thing that Daytona has over the SoCal shows is what Julie said, the symposiums and the hype, truth is though it is FAR FAR FAR from it used to be. To me its more of the social aspect that brings the breeders back year after year as sales have been dropping for years as Wayne gets less motivated.

Now with that bring said… If you are looking to attend a show and check out a bunch of chameleons, hang out with lots of chameleon people then San Diego is a good pick, Pomona too. The LA pet fair is cool with a full sized reptile show as well as other things to look at.
If you want to go to a show with a little of industry people, a big auction, some symposiums and a weekend in Daytona then that expo is what you are looking for.

They are both fun, but very different.

Pomona has been the largest show I've been to. I've gone to the Anaheim, and San Diego shows, but no one does it like LA. There are a lot more vendors for just about everything.

Daytona is the way to go! ;)

IMO - Daytona sucked last year. I went to about 9-10 shows and the best I have been to were the Pomona and SD shows. SUPER SHOW's seem to be the better shows for me. (I AM TALKING AS A ATTENDEE NOT A VENDOR)

Dayton is proving to be a relic that the promoter thinks will carry it self. I personally will not be making the trip out to Daytona again this year. If you do go to Daytona Chuck hopefully you love ball pythons and not much more.

Now if you want a reason to come to the West coast I think you would be really happy at one of the Super Shows. I am sure you will see a different crowd than you are used to. NARBC was very disappointing this year.

That alone is worth going to Daytona, but I am more for getting you out here on the west coast this year Juli!

I can feel a fundraiser being started now!

LOL-no fundraiser needed! Just give me the dates of the show I should not miss and I will start looking for plane tickets! And I am willing to work booths for free! :p

When is the San Diego show? It's been about 5 years since I have been in Cali so I am overdue. I think I have to go to the Daytona show. I have a friend that I can stay with that is about 40 min from the show. Also,Juli will be at that show.

That alone is worth going to Daytona, but I am more for getting you out here on the west coast this year Juli!

I can feel a fundraiser being started now!

Ryan,
You can start a fundraiser for me. I do eat often if anyone is springing for the meals!

I would love to take a trip to California...:( But i have a trip schedule is year to Hawaii going scuba diving also doing some foraging for jackson's chameleon in the wild..:cool:

Back
Top Bottom