the best husbandry advice of all

C'est la vie

had a pretty bad house fire over 10 years ago. it wasnt due to cham equip, but i did have at least one veiled and a clutch of eggs in the incubator. needless to say it didnt do their situation any good either. the day it happened, i stayed late at work, to work on some other guys smoke detectors./ edit. sorry, probably should have put this thread in the LL.

I'll support that as advice. I'll add: don't make it impossible to get your chameleons out of the house quickly...sometimes, when the fire is coming up the hill, it's important to leave in an expeditious manner.

I know this sounds bad of me. But if my house was on fire I think other things would be on my mind instead of trying to get the cage outside and possibly put more harm into myself. I have seen people do this, I am a paramedic and people really don't think about it.
Robert

Funny you should mention it...

I took my new guy outside today, and didn't feel like fooling with the surge protector before getting him out. So I set the basking light on top of the wooden table, figuring I'd come back and turn it off once he's outside.

Something odd happens when you take your first cham outside for the first time - You tend to want to watch him. So I did, for a good 15 minutes. Came back into the house and there was an oaky smell. Guess what happens to wood when a hot light in a reflector dome is sitting on it?

...yeah. It burns.

Back
Top Bottom