The best Cricket feed

aplazbarr

Established Member
What is the best cricket food that would benefit my cham? Also whats the best feed for dubia's? Does it make a difference? Can my cham's color improve due to feed?:cool:

i have been using "monster cricket" feed! i learned the hard way not to leave this food in with the crickets for over a day. it will kill them. lol anyways, what i have been doing is i get the crickets im going to feed to my chams and put them in a separate container with the feed for like three hours, then i feed them to my chams. I dont know if it im doing it correctly but so far it looks like it working

i have been using "monster cricket" feed! i learned the hard way not to leave this food in with the crickets for over a day. it will kill them. lol anyways, what i have been doing is i get the crickets im going to feed to my chams and put them in a separate container with the feed for like three hours, then i feed them to my chams. I dont know if it im doing it correctly but so far it looks like it working

I do the same thing basically. I use the fluckers cricket gutload with damp papertowels changed dail to maintain my crix. I transfer the ones I am going to feed in a seperate bin. Enough for 2 or 3 days and guload them with my fruit and veggie "salsa" that I make and also with the rest of my cricketfood.com gutload which isnt sold anymore. It seems my crix last longer and the bins are cleaner.

Edit: I was going to say cricket crack will be the next premade I will try. Still got a lot of the other though.

What is the best cricket food that would benefit my cham? Also whats the best feed for dubia's? Does it make a difference? Can my cham's color improve due to feed?:cool:

your chameleon's health will be positively effected by well gutloaded prey, and being healthy its colour may be brighter, skin healthier (but not a big difference in colour, no)

I use different food for growing the roach colony than I do to the ones that are soon destined to be a chameleons breakfast. The soon to be eaten ones get the same home-made gut load as the crickets. I dont buy more crickets than I am going to use in a couple days, so all the soon to be eaten crickets are only fed the gutload, which is the same as fed to the soon to be eaten roaches.

I mix up fresh dry gutload every other week or so, and it will often include things like: bran, spirulina, bee pollen, alfalfa, sunflower seed, coconut;
and less often will include: dries seaweed/kelp; oats; oak leaves; Powered Egg; ground almonds; ground brazil nuts;

The wet gutload is switched up every other day or so, and frequently includes things like: dandelion leaves, squash, carrot, yam, oranges;
and less frequently things like: mustard greens, pomegranet, collard greens, kale, romaine, apple, peas, corn, blueberries, raspberries, alfalfa sprouts, sunflower sprouts...

is that for the crickets or for me. sounds tasty:p

your chameleon's health will be positively effected by well gutloaded prey, and being healthy its colour may be brighter, skin healthier (but not a big difference in colour, no)

I use different food for growing the roach colony than I do to the ones that are soon destined to be a chameleons breakfast. The soon to be eaten ones get the same home-made gut load as the crickets. I dont buy more crickets than I am going to use in a couple days, so all the soon to be eaten crickets are only fed the gutload, which is the same as fed to the soon to be eaten roaches.

I mix up fresh dry gutload every other week or so, and it will often include things like: bran, spirulina, bee pollen, alfalfa, sunflower seed, coconut;
and less often will include: dries seaweed/kelp; oats; oak leaves; Powered Egg; ground almonds; ground brazil nuts;

The wet gutload is switched up every other day or so, and frequently includes things like: dandelion leaves, squash, carrot, yam, oranges;
and less frequently things like: mustard greens, pomegranet, collard greens, kale, romaine, apple, peas, corn, blueberries, raspberries, alfalfa sprouts, sunflower sprouts...

Back
Top Bottom