Thalin Updates-More Photos On The Way!

Alright guys, been a while since I posted but its been pretty busy here, so to make I easy on me I am gonna make this general update thread.

Thalin is one of the great grand babies and is nearing 7 months old (seriously 2 days away!) and lord have I been lucky with him (he is such a sweetie ever since 3 months old, knock on wood)! Anyway, on to big news. I fixed up the old big enclosure I had for the WC veiled I watched over the summer (who is now back at school) added more vines, a drainage system, more lights etc. over the weekend because Thalin finally has graduated up! Took me half an hour to switch him from his smaller reptibreeze but now he seems to enjoy the room. Its been a day or two so he is still settling in, therefore pictures are limited this time. But anyway! Here he is, in the new enclosure just before bed. And of some of him after his first shower last month. Enjoy!

Attachments

• WP_20141110_001.jpg
    WP_20141110_001.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 154
  • d11aeff8-cb97-4110-9d2e-07397895104c_TapatalkEditedImage.jpg
    d11aeff8-cb97-4110-9d2e-07397895104c_TapatalkEditedImage.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 169
  • WP_20141023_005.jpg
    WP_20141023_005.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 195
  • WP_20141023_011.jpg
    WP_20141023_011.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 176
Thalin is getting so big and looking so handsome! It's hard to believe they are almost 7 months old. Time sure flies. I'll have to get some photos of Lottie and the little runt boys this weekend. I have decided to keep the runts and I named them Amos and Andy. :)

Thank you Jann! He really has developed over these past few months, and yes you should! It would be great to see Lottie after her Sx. Not to mention see the runt boys and how they are looking ;3

Loved seeing the update on Thalin! Quite an interesting name, where did it come from?
I bet he's the "northernmost" L&C baby, grand baby or great grand baby!!

Loved seeing the update on Thalin! Quite an interesting name, where did it come from?
I bet he's the "northernmost" L&C baby, grand baby or great grand baby!!

Lisa, two of the great grands went to Alaska. luvbug237 has a male also.

Thalin is actually elvish for dauntless, I am a huge lord of the rings buff and when he showed that he almost fearless. It just fell into place haha.

Lisa, as Jann said. luvbug and I share that luxury haha. But we have never met so can't say how Squirt is doing xD

Too cool Cassidy!!!
I've got Thalins uncle,,, Stanley, he is the son of Jann's Luie and Camille... So I have a family interest in your guy!!!
Thanks for sharing and keep us posted!!!!!

I have seen images of Stanley, what a handsome boy he is! I will be happy to keep everyone updated. I have more pictures on the way soon, he is just settling into being in the new enclosure where he actually comes out toward the front so hopefully he will be willing to come out again soon (with some food motivation of course haha)

Hey everyone! I haven't been on the forums in a good while and thought I would share a photo and an update of my big baby. Who I might add will be celebrating his one year hatch day next month along with the other great grands.

Anyway, onto the update.

We had a parasite scare a while back that lead to his first vet visit. Got him some medicine and the vet said he had amazing grip strength and was very agile. Weighed in at 88g. The funny part of that was when the vet had him walk back to me at the end if the appointment, he turned back around when he was half way on his hand, hissed at the vet then walked onto me and pouted about being man handled.

Since then he has been shy around me but we are getting back to normal. Anyway, here is him after getting misted today. Just being all happy.

Attachments

• WP_20150321_005.jpg
    WP_20150321_005.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 122
Nearing A Year Old!

Hi All!

Thalin will be a year old in two weeks, and its about time you guys got to see how big he is and how he has grown. I brought him to school for a photo shoot and this are the result. Sadly no bright colors this time, but enjoy!
Cassidy_Multi Light_Week 11-4.jpg

orlando_multilight_week_11-6.jpg

orlando_multilight_week_11-4.jpg

orlando_multilight_week_11-3.jpg

orlando_multilight_week_11-2.jpg

Thalin is looking so grown up and handsome too. He reminds me allot of my little boys except he has more blue. My boy have allot of yellow. I'm hope to see allot of picture of the great grands so I can see how they turned out. Thank you for the update Cassity.

Thanks Jann! He really does show a ton of blue in his stress colors huh. Normally when he has bright colors its pastel greens with yellow bars and orange accents.

Its great though, he has started to develop the black markings on his casque and 'eyebrow' area. I will be sure to post more pictures on the 13th though when he gets his first silkworm!

Update- Man it's been awhile!

Hey everyone, been too long since I lasted posted and figured you all deserve an update, photos included like always!

Since I finally graduated high school last month I have been able to spend more time with Thalin who turned a year old in April and collected an old friend for the summer. That's right, Pascal is back! He will be staying through August and I find I have conflicting thoughts about him. His care at the school is very poor and he was almost always dehydrated, not to mention he terrifies even the teacher because he is 'aggressive' (I say extremely defensive). He has also got me spooked with a possible eye infection, just can't tell if it's really swollen so I haven't hit the help button. Besides that there is also big news in our future, there is about to be one less Alaska cham keeper on the forums.
I will be moving with Thalin in January to Fort Collins Colorado for college. I like to think I am ready but honestly I am scared to death of having to ship him down the same day I fly as no one but me handles him.
Now onto the pictures! I wish I could post more of Thalin but he is currently on a handling strike but I managed to sneak a few bad photos. Sorry for the poor image quality, hopefully they will let me take some nice photos soon. They are also both shedding so their colors are not the best haha.

Pascal:

Thalin:

I am glad that you got Pascal back for the summer. I hope you will be able to get his health issues resolved. I hate to think what will happen to that poor boy when you move away. :eek: I am happy to hear that Thalin will be going with you. Is Ft. Collins anywhere near Denver? If so you will have fabulous chameleon vet there, Dayna, ferritinmyshoes, here on the forums. You've got to work on sweetening up Thalin a bit. :D

I am glad that you got Pascal back for the summer. I hope you will be able to get his health issues resolved. I hate to think what will happen to that poor boy when you move away. :eek: I am happy to hear that Thalin will be going with you. Is Ft. Collins anywhere near Denver? If so you will have fabulous chameleon vet there, Dayna, ferritinmyshoes, here on the forums. You've got to work on sweetening up Thalin a bit. :D

I agree Jann, that's mostly why I am tempted to permanently adopt Pascal. Keep him healthy and happy. Or harp on my former teacher about his care. Decisions decisions.

Thalin could never be left behind, he is my little man! Fort Collins is about 3 hours from Denver, a short drive compared to what you do to see your vets. Wonderful news to hear that ferret is the vet nearby, she seems like a wonderfully knowledgable vet. A welcomed change from here in Alaska.

As for sweetening Thalin up, shouldn't be too bad. Got him a free range tree and will be ordering some more squishy worms. Maybe some outside time with his mommy in the future. Then be ready for pictures galore!

Back
Top Bottom