Testing New Twist On Mist System

Rush2112

Ok so earlier when I had that spark of inspiration to build new outdoor stand, I had another. Mythos hasn't proven to be the best drinker. His urate is tinted orange so for the past 5-6 weeks I've been trying different things to get him to drink more. I have an AquaZamp with two nozzles, both in the top back corners of the 2x2x4 cage (same set up on my Nosy Be cage). I have also been filling up my little dripper everyday and just hope he's been utilizing it. He doesn't like the mist too much so I was thinking of what could be done. The AquaZamp misting nozzles don't adjust so I can't loosen one to just drip. I took some clear tubing and attached it to one of the nozzles. I used the one that's closest to his basking spot so he would be more likely to use it. I don't know if this will work and I can already think of a few long term issues (will have to clean tube weekly) but my hope is to get him used to drinking from a particular spot or area.

See video. not the best but had to take it outside the cage to keep water off of phone. I have several fake pothos leaves under the drip too so help spread it out to some of the lower branches and leaves.

Thoughts?

http://youtu.be/AL9If3ikQAM

Set up looks great.

You can try two other things.

1. If you suspend the nozzles above the screen. The water collecting on the screen will drip into the cage like rain.

2. Try setting up your misting regimen with a "Primer session" before each drinking session. Set a primer session for a minute. Wait 1-2 minutes before setting the actual drinking session to begin. Sometimes you have to coax them to water and once they get a little water in. Its all down hill from there. This particular way has worked on many stubborn chameleons i have encountered.

Ok very good thank you. I think that even after 6-7 weeks he's still adjusting. Got him from ReptoMan and he was a water lover for Brian but here, not so much. I also cleared some of the leaves out from one of the Ficus B. I have in there to give him a much more clear path on the bamboo branches to where I have the water dripping

This works well for Mistking ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367019089.086343.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367019107.052744.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367019129.594278.jpg

Works like a drip system

Last edited:
I really like that idea! No collection pool in a hose! I flirted with the rain dome idea but top side real estate issues made me think different. So just a deli cup mounted with bottom up and water drips off of rim? I'm doing that first thing in the AM. Thank you!!!

Last edited:
This works well for Mistking View attachment 77730View attachment 77731View attachment 77732

Works like a drip system

Ok so first thing this morning I combined ideas from SMCNARY and ATARAXIA by using a cup ( I went with the ol' Solo Cup ) and a primer session. THANKS YOU TWO:D
I had the first run come on for 1.5 minutes, 2 min gap then 6 min session. I also set up my little dripper before the primer session Mythos didn't blaze ground heading to it but once he got to the branch that had the little dripper water coming down he didn't flee from the cup drip. I'll try this for a week or so and see if he likes it. I did clear out some of the Ficus B. leaves and noticed a pretty good variety of wet leaves/drip spots.

New Video

http://youtu.be/Jj-ydDW8VpA

AquaZamp LowProfile RainDome Conversion Kit

I think you'd do well with using your AquaZamp misting nozzles in a LowProfile RainDome Conversion Kit

You just pop your nozzles into the RainDome and then place the RainDome on top of the cage. You will have a 12.5"x4.5" "rain" area. If this doesn't give your chameleon white urates, I don't know what will. :)

I like the thought of using the Rain Done. I'll have to measure and see what kind of room I have on top of the cage though

I think you'd do well with using your AquaZamp misting nozzles in a LowProfile RainDome Conversion Kit

You just pop your nozzles into the RainDome and then place the RainDome on top of the cage. You will have a 12.5"x4.5" "rain" area. If this doesn't give your chameleon white urates, I don't know what will. :)

Yeah I concur, I have aquazamp rain dome's on all my chameleon enclosures, and they seem to be quite responsive to it.

Yeah I concur, I have aquazamp rain dome's on all my chameleon enclosures, and they seem to be quite responsive to it.

I'm actually about to log in to my AquaZamp account and order mine. I'll let ya'll know what kind of response I get from Mythos on it

Well now I have big hopes that the Rain Dome will help. I just saw Mythos shoot his tongue twice, across the cage about 10 inches or so at the water dripping off the solo cup when AquaZamp just went off. Thinking I'll keep the cup and just add rain dome to other nozzle.

Got my Rain Dome installed tonight. Ran a test misting and it worked well. It was already almost lights out so I didnt run it long enough to see how he will react to it.

Back
Top Bottom