Territory fight

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
Credit: Petr Necas

Chameleon combat in greatest colors: Panther Chameleons in Ambanja

The territorial fight happen if the males cross mutually the “safe” distance... they vigorously fight using their horns and try to push the rival out of the branch and let him drop down. Usually, they do not bite. Once one male drops down, it is not followed by the winner. Once the looser changes the colors to dull and dark (in their color language, it means: I accept your superiority”) and turns below the branch, the winner calms down and does not continue with the attacks...

Petr posts all of this on his FB page and the Chameleon Culture Club FB group. :)

Thanks again for copying these over, Brody! I know not everyone has/uses FaceBook.
Wow, thanks for just blasting all my secrets to the whole world!

Kidding!

Yes unfortunately I’m on FB all day for my small business so I frequently come across little nugget like these...

Wow, thanks for just blasting all my secrets to the whole world!

Kidding!

Yes unfortunately I’m on FB all day for my small business so I frequently come across little nugget like these...

I take the magic out of everything, I know. Shameful! :p

I check the forums much more often than FaceBook, so it does remind me to check on Petr's posts haha!

I just don’t know how threads get derailed here...

:rolleyes:
Seriously though, chuck norris ain’t got nothin on the martial arts derailing that sometimes happens here. That being said, I don’t know that any Norris has had the benefit of such a wonderful, supportive, challenging and consistently self-improving community as this. To everyone who helped or hindered this derailment: you’re all superstars and keep posting!

I just don’t know how threads get derailed here...

:rolleyes:
A3BCD929-EF2E-4AB2-B271-AD0D242ABCF0.jpeg
❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom