Terrible Gas Prolapse (waiting at Vet ER now)

Well despite everything, I talked to the vet a number of times over the weekend and this morning, I was scheduled to pick him up at 3:00 today. At one I got a call that he had prolapsed again, it looks like all or enough of the intestines were out and are dying and there is probably not enough if we did surgery again to save. But that said his heart rate was slowing down, But she is performing CPR. I'm almost there, And I'm just insanely heartbroken. The possibility that it is worms is still there but the vet is also thinking it might have something to do with sexual maturity and just some kind of freak thing that happened.

Such horrible news, I'm so so sorry!!! I don't think anything you did or worms could have caused this. ♥️

Well despite everything, I talked to the vet a number of times over the weekend and this morning, I was scheduled to pick him up at 3:00 today. At one I got a call that he had prolapsed again, it looks like all or enough of the intestines were out and are dying and there is probably not enough if we did surgery again to save. But that said his heart rate was slowing down, But she is performing CPR. I'm almost there, And I'm just insanely heartbroken. The possibility that it is worms is still there but the vet is also thinking it might have something to do with sexual maturity and just some kind of freak thing that happened.
So very sorry. If he does pass, can you have the same vet do a necropsy? It would be so helpful to you (and others on the forum) to know what happened. There was most likely something going on inside that caused the prolapse; if it was some sort of tumor or other reason then it would make sense why it re-prolapsed.

Back
Top Bottom