Terramycin from Turkey?

Julirs

I ordered some Terramycin from Amazon-the price was right-$8 so I got 3 of them. It came in today, and there is a letter that says Pfizer-Turkey division. The box is white with blue lettering and a purple stripe, and all info on the box is in a foreign language. It looks like Terramycin, but there is no safety seal like the ones in the white and yellow box that I normally get.

Has anyone gotten this and used it? I have no interest in melting my chameleons eyes out if this stuff is not on the up and up.

OK that rates up where with the strangest things i have heard! I could contact Amazon and ask what information you can get from them. If it were me & I didn't know - I would trash it or tell amazon it was not as advertised. Since you can't tell, it really isn't as advertised. let me know what you do.

I would contact amazon directly. Tell them that you unfortunately dont speak Turkish and that it's a cheek to send medical products without the right instruction leaflet and missing safety seals. They are normally very obliging in cases like this. Tell them that you ordered it cause you need it absolutely.

Jann-Of course that was the first thing I did, but I really do not find anything informational or conclusive about it. It is mostly people like me saying they had no idea it was coming from Turkey-although if you really look at the ad you see they say that. You also see articles about how it became difficult to get here, so it looked like an opportunity for someone. Also, I thought it strange that this is the only thing this "Fat Man's Doghouse" is selling, but he seems to have alot of it. The only reason I went ahead and got it was because the guy is a bulldog breeder, and Terramycin is commonly used with the poor bulldog eyes.

I just emailed "Fat Man's Doghouse" to get some scoop. I will let you know what I find out.

Jann-Of course that was the first thing I did, but I really do not find anything informational or conclusive about it. It is mostly people like me saying they had no idea it was coming from Turkey-although if you really look at the ad you see they say that. You also see articles about how it became difficult to get here, so it looked like an opportunity for someone. Also, I thought it strange that this is the only thing this "Fat Man's Doghouse" is selling, but he seems to have alot of it. The only reason I went ahead and got it was because the guy is a bulldog breeder, and Terramycin is commonly used with the poor bulldog eyes.

This one was pretty good. http://orlddeeelopment.blog132.fc2.com/blog-entry-137.html It says it's basically the same. Personally I would never give my animals a drug that didn't come from my vet.

This one was pretty good. http://orlddeeelopment.blog132.fc2.com/blog-entry-137.html It says it's basically the same. Personally I would never give my animals a drug that didn't come from my vet.

That site looks a little bizarre and only links back to Amazon. Terramycin has always been available OTC and I have used forever with no issues. It does look like this has been going on for a few years, and exploded when American made Terramycin manufacturing came to a screeching halt this past summer.

Ive heard that the its been available in the U.S on & off. A friend of mine ordered some from LLL & all the writing was in German. I wouldnt be surprised if its the same but suppliers are just having to outsource.

It is probably okay to use, I manage a private pet supply store and we can now get it, though there was a terrible shortage for awhile. It is used on a variety of pets with eye issues inc. cats & dogs. Of course you will have to make the call that you are comfortable with.

Ive heard that the its been available in the U.S on & off. A friend of mine ordered some from LLL & all the writing was in German. I wouldnt be surprised if its the same but suppliers are just having to outsource.
I thought it was German at first too, but then noticed "Turkey". Even LLL is selling this stuff-maybe it is OK?

It is probably okay to use, I manage a private pet supply store and we can now get it, though there was a terrible shortage for awhile. It is used on a variety of pets with eye issues inc. cats & dogs. Of course you will have to make the call that you are comfortable with.

It seems to be all over Ebay and of course Amazon where I got it. The one thing I really uncomfortable with is that the tubes are not "sealed"-as in where you have to puncture a foil cover over the opening.

I thought it was German at first too, but then noticed "Turkey". Even LLL is selling this stuff-maybe it is OK?

It seems to be all over Ebay and of course Amazon where I got it. The one thing I really uncomfortable with is that the tubes are not "sealed"-as in where you have to puncture a foil cover over the opening.

I have never had to puncture a seal with any eye medications I have ever gotten, and I get them straight from the vets because I work there.

Ive used Terramycin from Turkey, and it works just fine for my Ambilobe male. Has anyone else found different results?

-Dave
SPF

Oh and the only difference between the purple stripe and red stripe box is the purple is from Turkey. The red stripe is from...Im not sure honestly, somewhere they speak English because it's in English versus...Turkeyian. lol

What language do they speak in Turkey? Helloooo Google! ;-)

I ordered some Terramycin from Amazon-the price was right-$8 so I got 3 of them. It came in today, and there is a letter that says Pfizer-Turkey division. The box is white with blue lettering and a purple stripe, and all info on the box is in a foreign language. It looks like Terramycin, but there is no safety seal like the ones in the white and yellow box that I normally get.

Has anyone gotten this and used it? I have no interest in melting my chameleons eyes out if this stuff is not on the up and up.
I am sorry that you had that problem. The seller you bought from did not do their job.

We have been using and selling that Terramycin for 6 years and never had any problems.

First we share with our folks these facts.

You should only buy this if you have used Terramycin before.
We will tell it is manf in Turkey for Pfizer, and has Pfizer registered logo

Plus we send a complete information sheet with each order, in American (English)

Finally we give them a no questioned asked exchange and/or refund

We, to date, have had no problems and customers are happy

Blessing

Chickenman

I can remember when, in the USA, we did not have any safety seals on packages.
It wasn't thought to be necessary---and really wasn't, until 1982.
That's when some devious lunatic decided it would be fun to poison people by pulling apart Tylenol capsules and filling them with cyanide.
That alone killed 7 people.
Naturally, this inspired many more cruel crazies throughout the US to do similar things.
Naturally, everyone became justifiably concerned that whatever they bought might have been tampered with.
That was when safety seals first came into being in the USA.

It was purely a business decision on the part of manufacturers to spend the extra 5 cents on packaging so people would feel safe buying their products.
You'll notice that even Tylenol is still on the market today.

Believe it or not, no one was ever arrested for the murders they committed.
http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1878063,00.html

Apparently Turkey lacks people with that type of depravity, so they don't seal their meds.
I and others I know, have used the Turkish made Terramycin without incident and it did work as it should.

Back
Top Bottom