Terramycin Eye Ointment?

cbeal1

Hello everyone,

Well i am considering buying this product (Terramycin Eye Ointment) and i was just wondering what you all thought about it. i don't know much about it. how do i apply it? when should i use it? how much should i use? Who has used it and what was the prognoses? just some thins that i would like to know.:D

Thanks for any help!

What do you plan to use it for?
Some eye problems in chams are a secondry result of something else going on with the cham. In this case, Terramycin may not be effective. If your cham has an eye infection, then treating it daily for several days may clear it up.

I know people who always keep some on hand in case of a problem. So, buying it doesn't seem like an issue, however, as Lancecham notes, you shouldn't use it if it's not needed.

What do you plan to use it for?
Some eye problems in chams are a secondry result of something else going on with the cham. In this case, Terramycin may not be effective. If your cham has an eye infection, then treating it daily for several days may clear it up.

Exactly. It is good to have on hand in case it's needed, but you really need to know the cause of the eye problem. What is the problem?

ok, well sometimes he keeps 1 of his eyes closed sometimes, like its irritated. i have been giving him extra mistings to help clean it out. it has been working. by that i mean he doesnt keep it closed very often.but he hates the mistings. i was just thinking that maybe the ointment would speed things up. Im just wondering what you can use it for. the add in the classified's said you could use it for a wide range of things. i also would like to know what everyone is talking about when they say pedialyte. what do you use that for and is it that stuff for baby's that you can buy in the grocery store? lol. im trying to learn about stuff that may be useful to me in the future.

thanks for any info you can give me.

My chameleon is 5 months old approximately in my opinion he looks younger. I'm also worried as he keeps one eye closed a lot of the time too. He has a 36" arcadia forest 5% lamp 30w bulb his basking temp is 95 F his lower temp is 68F his humidity is 67%.
Any advice also please. Paula x

Terramycin will be taken off shelves January 1st in the states. It will only be available with prescription in 2017 and beyond so stock up now. Its good stuff to have on hand.

Thanks guys
I was recommended by a local reptile shop, to put a 36 inch uvb bulb all the way down my viv. As from yesterday I found out some information from swell Reptiles that this was incorrect information. that had been given to me as the uvb bulbs should not be placed on the side of a chameleon it should always be placed above him . Because their turret eyes are designed to shade from light above not light from the side. so hopefully now that we have rectify this and taken the UV bulb out and replaced it with a uvb above him close enough to a basking spot so he can absorb his uv when he his warm.

Back
Top Bottom