temps outside

wow

at what temp is it safe to bring my chameleon outside he is about 5 months old.

Diezel

id say minimum around 70. and even then should be in the direct sunlight. where do u live at? i live in jersey and its like high 50s low 60s and i cant wait for the 70s

TylerStewart

Right Wing Extremist
Site Sponsor
You'd want your highs in the mid 70's to get normal metabolism out of them, but nighttime temps can drop lower than you think... I currently have all my veileds outside, and our temps range from mid 50's to about 80 degrees (they've been out for a month). I'll keep veileds out up until around 90-95 as long as they have shade to get into, and they can be outside into the low 40's overnight, though I would never recommend it (I've had some overnight lows lower than expected with no ill effects).

wow

thanks it just reached 73 so i am taking him out for the first time

diezel i live 20 minutes from buffalo in clarence new york.

wow

succses

it was a good experience for him to be outside i ended up taking a hammper abpout 3 feet tall and 1.5 feet across and sticking a Schefflera arboricola in there with a few 5 ft branches. he loved the sun. i do have a question after i put him back in the cage he climbed on the top screen this happens evrey time i hold him is this just stress or is there something wrong.(i dont hold him much bc he can puncture the skin with his claws)

Top Bottom