Temps/humidity

So you only want to fog in the coldest parts of the night, say 12-5 AM, and only if it's 65*F or colder! You'll want to replace the crinkle tubing that comes with foggers with either vinyl tubing or PVC pipe to keep bacteria from settling in the nooks of the crinkle tubing. If you replace your Zoo Med foggers with new ones, make sure they are cool-mist/ultrasonic only, not warm-mist! How and how often do you clean your foggers and tubes? Also, is the output tube near/at the top of your cage so the fog rolls down?
Thanks for the tip. With the vinyl an pvc pipe. Never thought of that. With it being just distilled water i never really cleaned them. Still trying find a device that last longer then the repti fogger.
Been a pain actually. Have a humidifier running in same room with a defuser also. Very close to the cage.

These are photos of his top an bottom rear.. Hopefully isn't to bad with being blurry. Wasn't a easy task.

Attachments

• 20210513_193249.jpg
    20210513_193249.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 20210513_193229.jpg
    20210513_193229.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 67
Thanks for the tip. With the vinyl an pvc pipe. Never thought of that. With it being just distilled water i never really cleaned them. Still trying find a device that last longer then the repti fogger.
Been a pain actually. Have a humidifier running in same room with a defuser also. Very close to the cage.
You still want to clean it at least once a week. Is the humidifier on during the day, is it cool or warm mist, and how often do you clean it?

Have to try that link with another device. Won't open on my phone. Its on at night after lights go down an turn off before I leave in the morning. Its a cool mist humidifier an brand new started using it Sunday. Can clean it every weekend.
Was interested in this fogger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V39ZYJB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_vplXDb9GMSZDZ
Anyone know size of vinyl tubing that would be needed. Looking for a hose but seems to be clear vinyl tubing with what I found for fish tanks.

Have to try that link with another device. Won't open on my phone. Its on at night after lights go down an turn off before I leave in the morning. Its a cool mist humidifier an brand new started using it Sunday. Can clean it every weekend.
Was interested in this fogger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V39ZYJB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_vplXDb9GMSZDZ
Anyone know size of vinyl tubing that would be needed. Looking for a hose but seems to be clear vinyl tubing with what I found for fish tanks.
That fogger should be good, Bill Strand uses it! Clear aquarium tubing is perfect! Every humidifier has different sized ports, so you’ll have to measure them to get the correct size needed for tubing

That fogger should be good, Bill Strand uses it! Clear aquarium tubing is perfect! Every humidifier has different sized ports, so you’ll have to measure them to get the correct size needed for tubing
Thanks was going by my repti fogger tube size. But think ill wait an measure hose that comes with this fogger. Just figuring out aquarium is alot thicker then these plastic ones.

I have one but gives off alot of fog. About 2-3 feet in the air. I run it during the day in same room as the cham.
I was thinking more in lieu of the reptile fogger you linked above, and for nighttime humidity. Daytime humidities are less, and can usually be met/maintained with live plants and misting.

You don't want to use a fogger during the day, but misting, using live plants, and covering sides of the cage if needed, instead, like @Klyde O'Scope said. What are your daytime and nighttime humidity levels?

Back
Top Bottom