Temps/humidity

Most kits are similar, but may not be identical. Follow directions on the pkg. The only "tools" needed are something to cut the film, and either a hairdryer or heat gun. The kit I have uses double-stick tape. IDK if they all do or have some other method.

Most kits are similar, but may not be identical. Follow directions on the pkg. The only "tools" needed are something to cut the film, and either a hairdryer or heat gun. The kit I have uses double-stick tape. IDK if they all do or have some other method.
Still kinda trying figure it out. Tried to do the right with the window insulation kit didn't work out to well. Once heat lamp was on started peeling off an ruined that piece.
Has anyone ever used a defuser like those devices that you can add oil to. But without the oil seen one thought it could help. They even have USB rechargeable ones. My current repti fogger is a bit noisy an wakes up my panther chameleon pretty easily.

Still kinda trying figure it out. Tried to do the right with the window insulation kit didn't work out to well. Once heat lamp was on started peeling off an ruined that piece.
That sounds like an issue with where the basking lamp is aimed, and possibly its wattage being too high. What's your basking site temp?

Has anyone ever used a defuser like those devices that you can add oil to. But without the oil seen one thought it could help. They even have USB rechargeable ones. My current repti fogger is a bit noisy an wakes up my panther chameleon pretty easily.
Do you mean like an aromatherapy diffuser? IDK. Many use a cool-mist humidifier. Does the reptifogger have a fan? What's making the noise?

Basking area is about 82-85 using a 75 watt standard heat bulb.
It does have a fan. Could be motor or the fan. Yup like a aroma defuser without the oil.
Here's a photo of him today. Looks pretty good after his shed.

Attachments

• 20210510_213903.jpg
    20210510_213903.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 60
That sounds reasonable, so IDK why it would cause the window insulation film to peel off. 🤷‍♂️

It does have a fan. Could be motor or the fan. Yup like a aroma defuser without the oil.
Not sure what to say at this point. I generally try to avoid products marketed for pets unless they're the only game in town, because IME they are usually overpriced and not great quality. There are exceptions to that too, like MistKing which I think is a quality product (has been for me, anyway).

If it were me, I'd probably open the fogger up (if possible without destroying it) and see if I could fix the noise problem. But I'm a tinkerer, and I know not everyone can—or wants to do that.

As it happens, I'm in the market for a fogger myself, so I'm reading about them—both mfd. and DIY.
(no decisions or even leanings yet).

I don't say this often, but he is adorable. :LOL:

That sounds reasonable, so IDK why it would cause the window insulation film to peel off. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure what to say at this point. I generally try to avoid products marketed for pets unless they're the only game in town, because IME they are usually overpriced and not great quality. There are exceptions to that too, like MistKing which I think is a quality product (has been for me, anyway).

If it were me, I'd probably open the fogger up (if possible without destroying it) and see if I could fix the noise problem. But I'm a tinkerer, and I know not everyone can—or wants to do that.

As it happens, I'm in the market for a fogger myself, so I'm reading about them—both mfd. and DIY.
(no decisions or even leanings yet).

I don't say this often, but he is adorable. :LOL:
I was using a repti zoo humidifier but output got very low. Even on max setting.
This reptile fogger been broke for a while. Finally found little fan needed. Was like 5 bucks at a electronic store. In same boat as well with a fogger.
Still looking but seems little units at Walgreens for 15 bucks maybe best. Looked on Amazon but haven't found what am looking for.
I have the starter kit for the mistking. Got to point where have to drill a hole in a 3 gal bucket. But even with o ring leaks alot. Still figuring out the pump. Would like to run 5 Nozzles. With my other setups.
He is a cute little guy lol thanks.
20210511_182152.jpg

Don't wanna say I'm an expert at sexing Chams but sure does look like you have a pretty little lady instead of a boy right there! could be the angle though.

Don't wanna say I'm an expert at sexing Chams but sure does look like you have a pretty little lady instead of a boy right there! could be the angle though.
I hope not had to pay extra for a male. An have no clue on how to raise a female. Why I avoid females. Only thing I know is cut down on calcium by half when adults.

Hello,

My digital gauge broke today. Somehow got water inside an readings are oddly strange. I use a temp gun to test temps even lately with temps being bipolar outside.
Whats a good device or way to read humidity at the top an bottom of enclosure. My panther chameleon is mid to high level of enclosure. Rarely see him at the bottom. Just want keep his humidity 60-80 range best i can do with my current setup.
I live in Las Vegas where humidity levels stay low all year around. I keep my Chams in all screen cages and only 1 side of each cage is covered (where I block the view in-between cages so they don't see each other) and I maintain on average around 60-65% humidity throughout the daytime for my Chams using a lot of live plants in their cage and a relatively low ambient temp at 70-73f throughout the day and 65-70 degrees at night. I mist for like 8 minutes long as soon as the lights go on at 7am, again when I get home form work at 4pm for 5 mins, and run another long misting cycle at 8pm for 8-10 mins (lights go out at 7:45pm-8pm depending on when the sun sets just because I have them next to a window where my Chams can see how dark it is outside and I just like to give them a more natural sunrise/sunset w/ 12 and half to 13 hr light cycles following the movement of the sun)

I hope not had to pay extra for a male. An have no clue on how to raise a female. Why I avoid females. Only thing I know is cut down on calcium by half when adults.
you could post pics of the tail at a more level and horizontal angle where we can see if there may be a bulge. If you got him from a reputable breeder I'd take their word over mine, definitely though lol. I'm also kind of going off the pattern of your Chams bars. They look a lot like female patterns. But, again, the cham is very young still.

I can try a take a photo of his rear tomorrow. He's so small when I hold him. He doesn't like stay still. Plus he tries to bite but his mouth is to small for my fingers.

Just wait until he gets a little bigger or finds the web between your thumb & palm! :LOL:
😅 hope its a love bite lol.. I been bit by a python an a 5 foot iguana. Worse was iguana had get stitches. That's why ill never own one of these guys. Python wasn't so bad. But gets worse longer they hold. They don't let go.
Been working on my repti foggers. An at this point they are garbage. Have figure out a way keep humidity up at night. With using smaller reptibreeze deluxe enclosure. Don't think I can mount one inside the cage. Also don't want him get stuck in one with being small.
So in the works buy another unit thats not so overwhelming. With that said ill post a pic 🙃

Attachments

• 20210513_022023.jpg
    20210513_022023.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 48
Morning an start of 6 hours once lights go down. There on 12hours a day an off for 12.
So you only want to fog in the coldest parts of the night, say 12-5 AM, and only if it's 65*F or colder! You'll want to replace the crinkle tubing that comes with foggers with either vinyl tubing or PVC pipe to keep bacteria from settling in the nooks of the crinkle tubing. If you replace your Zoo Med foggers with new ones, make sure they are cool-mist/ultrasonic only, not warm-mist! How and how often do you clean your foggers and tubes? Also, is the output tube near/at the top of your cage so the fog rolls down?

Back
Top Bottom