Temperature

yolobrat

Is the basking spot of 36C (around 95 F) too much for veiled female 3 months old??? When it was like that she opened her mounth and seemed overheated to me but when i changed the temperature of basking spot to around 28 she seems to eat less...im using 100 watt heat bulb but its a big terarium,60X60X120 cm...

yes, I'd say 95 is too high (not great with celcius conversion) especially for a young one. I'd try to get it to 85. as your female gets older I know she's supposed to have lower heat as well. once she becomes mature and starts laying eggs it will make her batches smaller which is much less harsh on her body. but never dealt with a female so I dont know the exact numbers there. I think I remember a picture of tank you posted in last thread and didn't seem like it had much places for her to move around within the heat. so if I'm correct on that, she's stuck either being too hot under the light or moving very far away and probably being too cold. I would a) try and lower temp a decent amount, and b) give her multiple areas around that heat source so if she's a little too hot in one area she can move to one that's close by, that gets a little less heat.

yes, I'd say 95 is too high (not great with celcius conversion) especially for a young one. I'd try to get it to 85. as your female gets older I know she's supposed to have lower heat as well. once she becomes mature and starts laying eggs it will make her batches smaller which is much less harsh on her body. but never dealt with a female so I dont know the exact numbers there. I think I remember a picture of tank you posted in last thread and didn't seem like it had much places for her to move around within the heat. so if I'm correct on that, she's stuck either being too hot under the light or moving very far away and probably being too cold. I would a) try and lower temp a decent amount, and b) give her multiple areas around that heat source so if she's a little too hot in one area she can move to one that's close by, that gets a little less heat.
Oh thank you, and yes you are right im trying to get more vegetation and branches it will take time bc everything is sprayed with pesticide....so im trying to find without it

Back
Top Bottom