Temperature issue

raelea

My ridiculous thermostat has decided to pack up today and it's left me with a baby panther cham that could over heat!! I'm using a 40w bulb and around the basking spot it's reading around the 90s the cool end is ok but for some reason the little one keeps sitting too close to the basking area and ends up sleeping because it's too hot! I've moved all the stuff away from the bulb as far as possible. Is it normal for the baby to want to be that close? Is there anything I can do until I can get a new thermostat?

Hi there! I find that thermostats can be a bit iffy anyway! What kind of enclosure do you have? Is it possible to raise the bulb by say putting some blocks of wood under the dome? Or you cuold try a lower wattage bulb? A normal household bulb will do the job :)

Hi there! I find that thermostats can be a bit iffy anyway! What kind of enclosure do you have? Is it possible to raise the bulb by say putting some blocks of wood under the dome? Or you cuold try a lower wattage bulb? A normal household bulb will do the job :)

Hi he's in a small wooden viv for now the bulb is on the inside but I may be able to arrange putting the bulb on the outside... the bulb is lower wattage than a normal bulb lol it's a real pain when the thermostats break!! I've moved his favourite perch away from it into the parts where the temp is much better. I just hope the little devil stays away haha!!

Haha! Yeah they like to try your patience :) If you've moved his perch away and used a low wattage bulb then I really don't have any more suggestions lol! Hope all goes well for you guys!

Back
Top Bottom