Temperament?

ShortStack

So I have a ~1 Year old Veiled... when I walk by the cage every once in a while she will follow me across her screen until I take her out...

Now I read they dont like being handled too much.. but this one loves it... Has not tried to bite once... Hisses a little but never looks aggressive... Actually loves to crawl around my bed on this bright green body pillow..

Wondering if I just got lucky with this one?

So I have a ~1 Year old Veiled... when I walk by the cage every once in a while she will follow me across her screen until I take her out...

Now I read they dont like being handled too much.. but this one loves it... Has not tried to bite once... Hisses a little but never looks aggressive... Actually loves to crawl around my bed on this bright green body pillow..

Wondering if I just got lucky with this one?

Yep, you just got lucky! Enjoy her!

Not every chameleon fills the mold - if she wants to come out then you are more than welcome to let her explore outside her cage. I have a couple like that and they're awesome, super calm and ready to leave their cages for a bit. So like Carlton says, enjoy her!

I agree, enjoy and be happy that your are in the minority more or less! I too have a sweetheart, who I handle everyday and he comes right to me when I open his cage door. Makes life alot easier!!!

Awesome! When I get close to my male veileds cage he comes right over to me.. to hiss and flare up- Or to see what I'm going to feed him. I'm not sure yet though I can confirm that he has an interest in human flesh. :)

i have two veils. and my girl is super friendly. she likes taking her shower and loves going out an about. I live in arizona so the weather here is always warm, so if i go on a walk, she will get on my shoulder and walk with me.

My boy on the other hand doesn't want to be bothered. matter of fact, if he see me put food in his terrarium then he will refuse to eat. so i have to put food in when he sleeps.

you got lucky! and i'm lucky that i at least have one nice one :)

Back
Top Bottom