Temp in big cage

Hi there! Here is my suggestion to retain the heat. Run down to Lowes or some kind of home improvement store - depending of where you are at and purchase corrugated plastic sheeting. Cut 3 pieces to the size of the enclosure and attach/glue them to the sides and back. This will help maintain heat and humidity.
+1. An alternative is storm window insulation—like shrink-wrap for windows, shrunk with a hair dryer or low temp heat gun. Lowes or Home Despot.

Some mfrs. (and DIYers) are now moving toward hybrid (solid sides & back) enclosures in lieu of screened enclosures.

Live plants help increase and maintain humidity. The more—and larger—the better. They raise humidity through both evaporation (from misting) and transpiration (breathing). In both cases, more surface area = more moisture. The solid walls help keep the humidity in.

Hi so I just got a 24x24x48 cage but it’s not getting hot enough since it’s so big does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the enclosure to the correct temperature?
I also got a 24/24/48 cage I was searching for a while and they were all like 150$ but Amazon had a discount and I got mine for 84$ (very excited)

Back
Top Bottom