Temp drop for juvenile quad gracilor

Ekaj13

Should the temperature drop for juvenile quads be less severe than for the adults? I have some juveniles I just got in, they are approx 6 inches nose to tail. I've been keeping them at 71 ish during the day and dropping them down to about 60 at night. They seem very lethargic when the lights come on in the morning. Much more so than my other species. I've had them for about three days.

Should the temperature drop for juvenile quads be less severe than for the adults? I have some juveniles I just got in, they are approx 6 inches nose to tail. I've been keeping them at 71 ish during the day and dropping them down to about 60 at night. They seem very lethargic when the lights come on in the morning. Much more so than my other species. I've had them for about three days.

A temp drop isn't that dramatic in my opinion. Maybe a 5 degree drop? At the basking temp for mine, I have it temped at 75-76. And getting to 69 at night. Mine aren't full grown either. Mine are always moving around. Maybe they just a little time to warm up? Are they lethargic all day?

LPR08

Pretty much lethargic all day. I've only had them for about two days. I'm hoping most of it is them getting acclimated. However they are very quick to feed. And they have the longest tongues I have ever seen!

Pretty much lethargic all day. I've only had them for about two days. I'm hoping most of it is them getting acclimated. However they are very quick to feed. And they have the longest tongues I have ever seen!

What do you mean by lethargic? Just staying around the same area all day? Are they housed in the same enclosure? My pair were very active, even when I purchased them. Maybe you try warming it up a little?

Fill this out, maybe someone can spot something that can cause lethargy.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

mist them, then mist them, then mist some more.
they will get more active the more you mist them and try to force them to run after pray...like crickets up the side of the screen.

then mist some more.

use reptaid if you have any.

Harry

Back
Top Bottom