tell me what you think

Bay687

should i set up my misting system to go off every two hours for 20 minutes? its 113 outside so its warm in the house, his cage is like 95ish... i know the humidity at the bottom of the cage is around 70 but i doubt the whole cage is 70 percent... so every two hours let it go off for twenty or so to help keep the humidity up? let me know what you think?

i have a mist king system.. i have no idea how much water that would be.. i do 15 minutes right now every three hours.. i go through 3 1/2 gallons every 4 to 5 days i would say.. little less than a gallon a day i would thing

Maybe look into a drip system to help keep up with hydration. you dont want to get him to wet but you dont want him to dehydrate either. specialy if its getin that hot.

What you wanna do is set it up so it goes off every 15-30 minutes for
20-60 seconds.

This will keep it a good temperature all day, and keep the humidity up.
Don't do this for too long though or it will get TOO humid and could cause
some respiratory issues. But even 10 seconds of misting will make a difference.

I hope you have a good drainage setup, cause that will end up being
quite a lot of water that you'll need to dump somewhere.

ya for sure.. thats a smart idea... my drainage is a a good setup.. but ill neet to get a new timer to do that.. cuz i dont have a timer thats capable of doing that

am i reading this wrong?

his cage should never hit 95 degrees... do you not have a/c anywhere in the house?

i would first try to find an area where it doesnt get hotter than 80 in the room itself. ambient temp should never get hotter than 80 degrees.

i would have the mister go off every 45 min for a 20 second misting. thats if u cant do anything about the temperature..

make sure u have a dripper that is on at the same times during the day. dont turn the dripper on unless the cage is dry.

* chameleons shouldnt get too wet.

lets make this clear.. my house is around 82 degrees.. so its not that hot.. but the basking spot reaches 95 degrees.. 98 degrees.. im not quite sure about the rest of the cage.. but ill downgrade to a 60 watt house lightbuld instead of a 65 watt bulb

Back
Top Bottom