Attachments

• 2679125F-C872-4DBF-9661-4D14D862D169.jpeg
    2679125F-C872-4DBF-9661-4D14D862D169.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 45E30589-4404-4F09-A0E4-1BD9A09033F6.jpeg
    45E30589-4404-4F09-A0E4-1BD9A09033F6.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 169
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? 11 months old. Got him when he was about 4-5 MO
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Rarely, just to take outside.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Staple are Crickets. He eats 6 crickets, 1 wax worm, 2 super worms, 2 calciworms, every other day
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Repashy LoD
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Dripper, I mist 3 times a day 2 mins a sesh. I’ve seen him drink
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Looks like poop. Urine seems more on the white side with some orange. Getting him super worms. He’s good on parasites.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? So I built him a big cage, lived in it for a week, then I read Pine Kills and he’s back to his old small cage. (Just till the weekend) reprinreeze 18X18x36 screen
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? Reptisun T5HO 5.0. For basking is a t8 fixture from my aquarium.What is your daily lighting schedule? 5 am to 5pm
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? So top of cage is 90. Middle is around 80-85. Bottom is 76-80. Humidity on top is 40-60%. On the bottom it’s always higher. I use a bio dude dual thermometer/hydrometer
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Futsia Japonica, Pothos, Majestic Palm, Pitcher plant, Fig,
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Living room corner with traffic covered so he doesn’t see the traffic
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Tucson

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. Teeth are Brown

Ok so I saw him eating dirt again. Forgot to add that, and ok I’ll make an appointment... I just had a vet visit 3 weeks ago, should I change vets? She didn’t even bring up his brown teeth, and she checked his mouth.

I was answering a question about WHAT causes mouth rot. If it was my chameleon I would get it checked out
  • Dehydration
  • Injury
  • Stress
  • Poor husbandry
  • Vitamin deficiency
  • Lack of UVB

Well I’m tryna show him tough love by not feeding for a few days so he can eat roaches..... He is not having that and eats dirt full of nutritious Isopods and springtails lol

Well I’m tryna show him tough love by not feeding for a few days so he can eat roaches..... He is not having that and eats dirt full of nutritious Isopods and springtails lol
Also I doubt his nutrition is off.. I been following Nutrition, gutload, and supplements to the exact.. maybe for hornworms, I give him everyday since it’s so hot in Tucson

Ok so I saw him eating dirt again. Forgot to add that, and ok I’ll make an appointment... I just had a vet visit 3 weeks ago, should I change vets? She didn’t even bring up his brown teeth, and she checked his mouth.
Whoa whoa whoa.... you saw him eating dirt and then you post about brown teeth?

Did she not bring it up or were his teeth not brown at the time?
Any way you can syringe some water and see how much of that is actually dirt?
I mean still see a vet but is there a way to keep him away from substrate for a while and see what the teeth really look like?

Also I doubt his nutrition is off.. I been following Nutrition, gutload, and supplements to the exact.. maybe for hornworms, I give him everyday since it’s so hot in Tucson
Your saying you follow everything exactly but according to your help form your not using a gut load. Exactly how are you gut-loading and with what?

Also put large rounded river stones over the dirt so he can’t reach it.

I agree with others saying, see if it rinses off. At first it looks alarming, but after mentioning the dirt, there's a good chance that's what it is since there's no other inflammation.

People talk about chams eating dirt due to nutrition, and this makes sense, but it also seems pretty common with some species no matter what you do... just a thought, but could this be an instinct some of them have that maybe come from areas where minerals in their food/water are less abundant? Like how certain animals have their weird quirks in captivity stemming from things their wild counterparts had to do to survive?

Back
Top Bottom