Team Spluffie - a little update!

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
Yesterday, my crested gecko girl laid her second clutch of fertile eggs. These have taken a lot longer than I thought to arrive, as she laid the first ones almost 8 weeks ago! The first clutch are looking good, although the eggs haven't grown much yet. Here's a few pics I wanted to share!

Second clutch laid yesterday (10th May 13)

A couple of comparison pics of both clutches. The eggs with the 1 and 2 dots on are the first clutch and the ones with 3 and 4 on are the latest ones.

laurie

Retired Moderator
Babies! Yeah more babies

Tiff that is great! More babies to come. How much longer before the first pair should hatch?

Speaking of babies I just saw that your first human grandchild is a boy. Congrats and now you can start shopping and be ready when he arrives.:):):):)

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
Well, the first eggs are 53/54 days in and the earliest they could hatch is day 65, but I am not incubating them very hot, more like mid range, so I bet they will be anytime after that. Apparently the eggs don't swell and grow too much until a couple of weeks before they hatch - they sweat first and then grow! ANNNNND .... I candled them earlier and saw some movement inside both of the first two eggs!

Yep, the scan showed the human baby is 99% boy. He will be amazing! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom