Tarantula

Update. He is doing amazing. I am going to be get another Tarantula because I am rehoming my hedgehog that I got from my sister because I don’t have the time to play with it. Does anyone know where to get a golden blue leg baboon, a King baboon

Update. He is doing amazing. I am going to be get another Tarantula because I am rehoming my hedgehog that I got from my sister because I don’t have the time to play with it. Does anyone know where to get a golden blue leg baboon, a King baboon
It can't play with the tarantula? :eek:

Here is the forum that should be visited. https://arachnoboards.com/ (y)

Just doing a little search there seems to be a lot out there.

Never had one but price looks like 40 to 150 depending on size.
If your parents are okay, put a local add near your home. There are actually many people that have big collections all over. (y)

https://memphis.craigslist.org/fod/d/memphis-colorful-pet-tarantulas-females/7449971422.html

This person is from Riverside CA but ships.
I did not know they had a forums for spider. This will be in a month or two probably not the king baboon because they are very aggressive.

I did not know they had a forums for spider.
There are others as well, but not being an aficionado, I have no idea if they're any good or not.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=tarantula+forums

IME, (going back to Usenet, ca. late '70s) there are forums/discussion groups for just about anything you could think of. If not, there are "other" sections on larger forums, or platforms where one can start forums.

Usenet was eventually absorbed into Google Groups.

For example, I can recall a "newsgroup" (discussion group/forum) on Usenet entitled, "alt.wesley.crusher.die.die.die." I guess it's still around(?) 🤷‍♂️

Listservs are still around too. Similar to forums, but distributed via email instead of web-based, so not all are publicly accessible.

Sorry about the OT thread drift. 🤦‍♂️

Take your time.

I did the regal jumping spiders a few years ago. They are very small but fun and pretty too. a little bigger than 1" with legs.
Then I found the Red one walking around in California, so started making these little mini spider set-ups. Fun project
It was awesome and they were pretty fun and funny.
I was able to go through the cycle in about 1 year.
There are so many different types. Personally-- If I were to get any arachnid again, it would be a species that lives in colonies and just watch them. I developed allergic reaction to the hairs, even if they just walk on my arms. So, no more for me.

Look these guys up on youtube. There are some really cool human/friend connections

Attachments

• IMG_20201103_143618.jpg
    IMG_20201103_143618.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20201103_144237.jpg
    IMG_20201103_144237.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20201017_141318 (2).jpg
    IMG_20201017_141318 (2).jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 76
  • PXL_20201127_211235159.jpg
    PXL_20201127_211235159.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 74
  • PXL_20201124_192107327.jpg
    PXL_20201124_192107327.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 73
  • PXL_20210102_052546146 (1).jpg
    PXL_20210102_052546146 (1).jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20210304_182832090 (2).jpg
    PXL_20210304_182832090 (2).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 76
Like this? (y)
This was Zeus many years ago.
They are nice to have but get a little stinky when they explode (poop).
Tarantula to Frog. It will come to ya the more research and discussions will also help. (y)

Attachments

• IMG_20210108_164324_01 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210108_164324_01 (1).jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 81
Like this? (y)
Tarantula to Frog. It will come to ya the more research and discussions will also help. (y)
Yes they are very similar to Pac-Man frog. I still miss him we utilize him.

They are very different than pac. They get much bigger and have large fangs for hanging onto prey. They are more active and need more food. (y)

Arachnids are fascinating do I fear them with every bone in my body…yes I had to convince my girlfriend to go for pet isopods instead of a red knee because I was too scared to get close to it at a reptile show but that doesn’t stop me from appreciating them from a VERY safe distance

Like this? (y)
How did you go about setting up a tank for one I watched a couple videos of people have different opinions.

It depends on the purpose.
1. You can set-up as a display animal and make it look really pretty.
2. You can set-up using Tupperware/bins (bigger ones) with substrate and large water bowl. This is cheaper but less visual, which is less stressful on the frog (my choice). I had 2 containers and every few days would swap them out for cleaning. I didn't care about the display for this frog, but for my toads and other frogs it is all about the display and set-up for other things to grow.

If you put your fists together--that is how big it will get in the 1st year. Female will be a little smaller.
JMO The bigger frogs and toads need something that is easy to clean and gives them space to move, poop, and eat. Temps and humidity is very important since pacs and pixie hibernate different than most frogs (dry and hot seasons).

It depends on the purpose.
1. You can set-up as a display animal and make it look really pretty.
2. You can set-up using Tupperware/bins (bigger ones) with substrate and large water bowl. This is cheaper but less visual, which is less stressful on the frog (my choice). I had 2 containers and every few days would swap them out for cleaning. I didn't care about the display for this frog, but for my toads and other frogs it is all about the display and set-up for other things to grow.

If you put your fists together--that is how big it will get in the 1st year. Female will be a little smaller.
JMO The bigger frogs and toads need something that is easy to clean and gives them space to move, poop, and eat. Temps and humidity is very important since pacs and pixie hibernate different than most frogs (dry and hot seasons).
Thanks do I need any lighting or anything like that some people say you need some other people say you don’t?

Back
Top Bottom