Tarantula

If you put your fists together--that is how big it will get in the 1st year.

1647781280451.png
1647781519506.png

Never heard of the Pixie /African Giant Bullfrog being listed. But maybe have not seen current info. Thanks!

I do know the American Bull Frog is not allowed in some states. but each state is different.
Plus, many states use general names. Example: Frogs -- That is too general, so it needs to be investigated.

For some states a license is required.

I still think the Pixie is safe, but can be confused with a bullfrog, which is too general of a term. Many different types of bullfrogs.
This link will help from state to state.

https://www.findlaw.com/injury/torts-and-personal-injuries/exotic-animal-laws-by-state.html

I still think the Pixie is safe, but can be confused with a bullfrog, which is too general of a term. Many different types of bullfrogs.
Excellent point. I was trying to pull up something from the back of my mind (don't ever go there.... just... don't. :rolleyes:) So I searched for African bullfrog and kept getting hits on African clawed frog (I'm not a frog/amphibian person, so plead ignorance). That one does require permits in several States.
Due to incidents in which these frogs were released and allowed to escape into the wild, African clawed frogs are illegal to own, transport or sell without a permit in the following US states: Arizona, California, Kentucky, Louisiana, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, Vermont, Virginia, Hawaii, Nevada, and Washington …
https://www.wiki.ng/en/how-to/why-is-the-african-clawed-frog-banned-in-california-954204
IDK if they're considered "bullfrogs" or not. As you say, there may be confusion. I sure am. 🤪

Things change quickly and from state to state, so always good to look up what is current. Thanks!

African Clawed frogs: Take a search what they were used for and pregnancy.

WOW! JMHO- They are terrestrial tarantulas, so should (not always) stay close to the ground.
They are nocturnal so move around more at dusk and night.
I would attack each room in the evening with a flashlight. Turn off all the lights and go from corner to corner looking in shoes, papers and turn over everything. The flashlight is for you to focus on specific areas. I have lost and found all my escaped critters using this technique.
If you have a dog or a cat, they might have already found it. Lucky for humans they don't just attack and would rather run and hide.
Good Luck!

They are ground burrowers, so make sure it did not burrow and hid in the corner of your tank. They will cover their selves with substrate to hide.
(y)

When I get home I will keep looking I have hope I think he is only in my room because he got out at around 11 to 7 so he has to be close the cat are out side at night and one of the three dogs is in a cage at night and the other 2 are sleeping. He is not strong enough to lift his cage top up so I am wondering how he got out.

Have you scooped all over his home? If you have hollow branches or coconut 1/2's he can hang upside down.
I am going with your words "He is not strong enough to lift his cage top" Then he is in there. Or a sibling is messing with ya.
Can you share a picture of the habitat and top?

If he was in the container with the yellow top then, the plastic door on top has 2 little plastic nubs that crack off easy. If only one is cracked off, he can pull his body through 1/2. (y) I am just guessing with the information I have.

Have you scooped all over his home? If you have hollow branches or coconut 1/2's he can hang upside down.
I am going with your words "He is not strong enough to lift his cage top" Then he is in there. Or a sibling is messing with ya.
Can you share a picture of the habitat and top?

If he was in the container with the yellow top then, the plastic door on top has 2 little plastic nubs that crack off easy. If only one is cracked off, he can pull his body through 1/2. (y) I am just guessing with the information I have.
I have him in a five gallon tank now

Back
Top Bottom