Tamura Designs Panther Build

letterkenny

Well here she is. We picked up the enclosure yesterday and pretty much finished the build today. We are debating on using a 40 or 60w heat lamp as that top basking spot (9” from the top) was getting to only 80 degrees over a 30 minute period. Maybe that’s fine but that’s when we strapped a WiFi thermometer to that top most branch. Hopefully this one will be good for him!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 33
@crosscutts what wattage basking bulb do you use? Temps seemed a little low so we switched to our 60w and they were even lower somehow (ones a zoomed 40w blue (white daylight) and the other is a flukers 60w incandescent).

@crosscutts what wattage basking bulb do you use? Temps seemed a little low so we switched to our 60w and they were even lower somehow (ones a zoomed 40w blue (white daylight) and the other is a flukers 60w incandescent).
I use a 60 W , but remember, I can also close my doors . So usually when I run basking from 6 AM till 10. I don’t have my circulation fans on. Which allows the habitat to get a lot warmer than if it was open .. then I open the doors and turn on the fans by then, he’s usually done basking .

I use a 60 W , but remember, I can also close my doors . So usually when I run basking from 6 AM till 10. I don’t have my circulation fans on. Which allows the habitat to get a lot warmer than if it was open .. then I open the doors and turn on the fans by then, he’s usually done basking .
6am to 10am or PM? We keep ours on from 8am/7:30pm right now. My gut is our 60w is a bit poorer quality than the 40w so I may buy a couple bulbs to play around with it.

6am to 10am or PM? We keep ours on from 8am/7:30pm right now. My gut is our 60w is a bit poorer quality than the 40w so I may buy a couple bulbs to play around with it.
No, I just run it in the morning when they first get up and they need to warm up. They won’t Bask the rest of the day. Technically, they never really bask, but do go up near the top of the cage . remember, I keep Parsons the like it cooler. But with my lighting. The top half of the cage will get up to 80. It usually runs around 75 at the bottom during the day.

Last edited:
So our chameleon is screen climbing a bit. Not sure if this is because it’s a new enclosure or because those rails it’s part of his climbing routes. Any concerns?

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpeg
    IMG_0225.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 37
So our chameleon is screen climbing a bit. Not sure if this is because it’s a new enclosure or because those rails it’s part of his climbing routes. Any concerns?
I wouldn’t think so . Generally they’re looking for a way out sometimes or uncomfortable in their new environment. Give him some time. My male panther when I put him outside, climbs all over the place. He does do a lot of movement inside of his cage indoors, but I think he’s more looking for food.

Back
Top Bottom