Tamura design

Multivitamins

Chameleon Enthusiast
After having some ups and down I will not be moving to Hawaii and am staying in San Diego.
Next week I'm moving into a new apartment and bringing my chameleon along. I'm really tempted to get a tamura design enclosure. 48*48*24 I'm going to try to make a poll for acrylic or screen doors. Does anyone own one of these can anyone give me some feedback or thoughts on if one is better than another for a chameleon.

Generally speaking My ambient temps here in SD are pretty good year round for the chameleon but humidity is an issue also the main reason someone would spend 1500$ on an enclosure HOW IT LOOKS ! I feel like the clear acrylic doors look so nice vs screen and since the sides are open I don't think ventilation will be an issue. Am I crazy ?

Had been on the fence for a dragonstrand enclosure for some time but now with the issues of drainage trays I felt I should explore other options. This is a big new chapter in life for me and kind of want to spoil myself and my cham.
This purchase, being so big and expensive, would also likely keep me in the hobby long after my current chameleon climbs up to the big tree in the sky (to think he will live forever is naive)

I want a nice clean look otherwise I would just customize two zoomed reptibreeze. And I don't think my handyman skills will have the aesthetic pleasing results that I want.

What are your thoughts ?? Screen or acrylic doors (Couldn't figure out how to add poll )

The new set up would be for this fella
20220917_145358.jpg

I was at their facility for a holiday party several years ago. The cages they had on display with their animals were amazing. I can't speak to your situation and ambient levels. I can tell you that all their work was very polished and visually appealing.
I have purchased LED lights from them recently and that was an easy transaction with quick turnaround and a product that performed as promised.

I’m literally in the process of purchasing one right now it’s in production, I was in the same situation . but being a builder myself I collaborated with Dale on a new design , basically the door will be a double door . a door within a door . The outside door being acrylic that can open and close leaving a screen or opening up completely with the second door having the screen. I’ll be doing this on the front two doors and the side doors . I have issues with humidity so at night I have to close my habitats up to bring humidity levels up into the 90 to 100% range . Anyway I’ll post a picture of what the door looks like , if you’d like it , send an email to Dale , and tell him you’d like the same doors he’s putting in James Cross’s enclosure .. i’m doing a 60”x48”x32” Full lighting diming system , fan system fogger system mist king and drainage .(mine is the one on the right in the last Image.

Attachments

• 1C4BDA9F-59C0-49C3-A56C-9D108822AAA5.jpeg
    1C4BDA9F-59C0-49C3-A56C-9D108822AAA5.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 100
  • 90C50C0D-AC11-4767-8549-D0564C708C44.jpeg
    90C50C0D-AC11-4767-8549-D0564C708C44.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 6041751E-575E-4EA6-AEC4-FC86D87AE135.png
    6041751E-575E-4EA6-AEC4-FC86D87AE135.png
    587.9 KB · Views: 98
I have their 24x24x48 enclosure and I’ve had it for almost a month and I LOVE it. I love the acrylic door in front, all the cool features like the drain and misting plugs. Another big thing for me is how solid the whole enclosure feels, this is a big one for me. All sections are sealed with caulking so I get no leaks. I might honestly upgrade to the 24x48x48 next year.

Attachments

• 1BE0063B-6D06-48F2-97B0-E7A2BDF3A5AD.jpeg
    1BE0063B-6D06-48F2-97B0-E7A2BDF3A5AD.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 93
@dinomom has a few of them. They are awesome!
Thanks Jann and I say acrylic hands down. Especially with the wind system. After a period even with ro water it will get a bit of water spotting but I use tub & tile cleaner from Grove- is safe and works like magic.

To me the inner screen door defeats the purpose visually. If you have more ambient humidity the fogger just simply won't run to try to raise it.

True we are a bit dryer in OC but the beauty of Dale's system is it is all adjustable.

After having some ups and down I will not be moving to Hawaii and am staying in San Diego.
Next week I'm moving into a new apartment and bringing my chameleon along. I'm really tempted to get a tamura design enclosure. 48*48*24 I'm going to try to make a poll for acrylic or screen doors. Does anyone own one of these can anyone give me some feedback or thoughts on if one is better than another for a chameleon.

Generally speaking My ambient temps here in SD are pretty good year round for the chameleon but humidity is an issue also the main reason someone would spend 1500$ on an enclosure HOW IT LOOKS ! I feel like the clear acrylic doors look so nice vs screen and since the sides are open I don't think ventilation will be an issue. Am I crazy ?

Had been on the fence for a dragonstrand enclosure for some time but now with the issues of drainage trays I felt I should explore other options. This is a big new chapter in life for me and kind of want to spoil myself and my cham.
This purchase, being so big and expensive, would also likely keep me in the hobby long after my current chameleon climbs up to the big tree in the sky (to think he will live forever is naive)

I want a nice clean look otherwise I would just customize two zoomed reptibreeze. And I don't think my handyman skills will have the aesthetic pleasing results that I want.

What are your thoughts ?? Screen or acrylic doors (Couldn't figure out how to add poll )
I have had mine for about a year, and I love it. Like you, I wanted something with a clean look, and I wanted something with a good drainage setup. I have always hated the look of buckets, water tanks, hoses, and electrical lines everywhere. Well, these cages have both. Most of everything fits under the cage and is hidden by the lower cabinet. The only thing that sits on the outside Is the mistking pump and fogger, which I have hidden behind. It is supper clean looking and Highly functional.

Attachments

• 1_Home.jpg
    1_Home.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 6_home.jpg
    6_home.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 97
Yea they look nice but the price is outrageous. Can be made for less then 25 percent of price at home by some one with some skill with router and skill saw. Now if they were white on inside they would rock. But if you don't use fans with these you don't get good air flow. I've talked to alot of people that have them. Half liked other half have them forsale now saying couldn't get the airflow they wanted or since black needed twice the light.

Yea they look nice but the price is outrageous. Can be made for less then 25 percent of price at home by some one with some skill with router and skill saw. Now if they were white on inside they would rock. But if you don't use fans with these you don't get good air flow. I've talked to alot of people that have them. Half liked other half have them forsale now saying couldn't get the airflow they wanted or since black needed twice the light.
They are custom I am sure he make white inside.

As to price, very few of us have those skills. Another example, food cost in restaurants is 10% so we choose what to pay an expert to do.

I bought the pvc other day. Made small one to see if I could do it. Instead of screwing it I used pvc abs glue. I also used screen for door. Going to make 2 4x2x4 pvc cages. With screen doors and top. Way cheaper then other way I used to make them with aluminum and pvc. So not count screen top and door 164 bucks a cage. That's counting ledges and two drains.

I have not had an issue with airflow. I mean, it has two sides and the top screened. I have had it for over a year, and it houses my little Mara (Jackson). She has been very content :). No mold, plants are flourishing ::shrugs::
As for the price, it was worth it for me. It is well built and very clean looking. I do not have the skill to make my own.

Never said they molded. How long it take for your cage to completely dry out after misting. How long do you mist for. Do you have the fan that they sell to. Not saying they bad cages. Don't you mean screen vents on side cause side is pvc. Most people like them some don't. Me personally wouldn't buy after talking to few owners and there over priced for what they are. Yeah the back grounds look nice but white reflects light. The darker the color need more light. Can goto Lowe's and make same base cages not counting doors and screen for top for 164. Can order same parts that they use for stand for like 120 bucks and they do the cuts u just push together. So if u got just little skill like 8th grade shop class you can make

Never said they molded. How long it take for your cage to completely dry out after misting. How long do you mist for. Do you have the fan that they sell to. Not saying they bad cages. Don't you mean screen vents on side cause side is pvc. Most people like them some don't. Me personally wouldn't buy after talking to few owners and there over priced for what they are. Yeah the back grounds look nice but white reflects light. The darker the color need more light. Can goto Lowe's and make same base cages not counting doors and screen for top for 164. Can order same parts that they use for stand for like 120 bucks and they do the cuts u just push together. So if u got just little skill like 8th grade shop class you can make
I do agree with most of what you say , of course they’re using a CNC printed on vinyl back round and many of the parts are engineered which is something you can’t do in your shop .. you know I’m a custom cabinet builder . And though I can build pretty much anything i’ve ordered one , two reasons they’re computerized fans Lighting system and humidity temperature Control it’s not something you cannot just purchase . and he does do amazing work . The other is to see how they make it . he is by far one of the best custom cage builders and puts out an amazing product . Cost overhead and quality comes with the price . One of my custom cages cost more to build my self then what I can buy one of his already made for . minus lighting exc. with that being said , can you send me a link to those PVC panels ? I did do some looking around and was unable to come up with it . Seems like my addiction is getting out of control 🤣🤣 by the way how’s your girl😊

You can buy or make fan setup. The whole pvc part of cage anyone can make at home. Yes a cnc does make it way easier. His hinges can buy same with latches. Now cnc will give you better results. If you can make cabinets you can copy his cage and make to fit you.
Here link for pvc if you live by action you'll have to order.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Royal-Building-Products-1-2-in-x-4-ft-x-8-ft-PVC-Trim-Board/5001954983

And my little fatty doing great. I bring her in today cause it got up to 87. This week getting lowes of 46 so she won't be sleep outside

Back
Top Bottom