tame

I know chameleons are pretty temperamental but is there anyway of taming my chameleon to be nice n actually want to come to me

I know chameleons are pretty temperamental but is there anyway of taming my chameleon to be nice n actually want to come to me

Hand feeding is one way to get your chameleon used to your hand and you in general. This also shows your chameleons that your hand is not trying to harm him. I try to spend a lot of time in the room I keep my chameleon in, just doing work or hanging out with his cage door open just so he is aware of me and gets used to me.

Last edited:
I talk to mine throughout the day and I bring him out and let him roam around at least every other day depending on my schedule. I may be a little biased though because my GusGus has never not liked to come out and visit.

I do talk to weeb he just looks at me and don't want any effort of even wanting to come to my hand yet be on it he just hissing and jerks he knows us well by now I just gave up n just let him roam free at times just upsets me

Hes sweet at times but still wont come to me.He's getting bigger and bigger and I don't want him to become a adult and thinks he owns us or wants any thing to do with being held. I see all these videos of ppl kissing there cams and one even rubbing on a lady's cheek I want to.experience that. Guess I just got a bully cham

No, basically all veileds are like that. I have a female and she is NASTY! The kind ones are few and far between. You'll never really get them to like you, just tolerate your presence. Try hand feeding and then picking him up regularly once he gets used to you. (y)

I just got my panther today. The store had been working with him for a few months to tame him. They say that hand-feeding is the most important element in the process. They also recommend placing your cham in a high-traffic area so as to get him used to your presence.

I do hand feed him but still nothing he's spoiled I cant just pick him up either I haven't experienced the biting yet. Lol so I'm a bit scared to just grab him I do when hes not noticing but that's just to put him back n his cage

You can't act scared, they will pick up on that and use it to their advantage. You might be scaring him more by picking him up when he's not paying attention.

Lol I'm.trying not to be scared or to scare him.whats the best way then to handle him with my hands if he bites me will it hurt?

Back
Top Bottom