Take a look at my new pair and let me know what you think please :)

ChamChick

Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum, but thankful I found it. It is very helpful. I have a new pair of Panthers. I was wondering if you might be able to help me out a bit. On both of them, I was looking for an opinion on the age of both, also if they are typical color for that age group. (these are my first PANTHER chameleons, but not my first chameleons.) The female stays a very pretty orange color the majority of the time, and the male seems to stay pretty dark. She is quite a bit larger than she is. These photos are from when they arrived, and I was checking them over for what would appear to be any health issues, and figured I would take a couple quick pics while I had the chance.

So to sum it up, your opinion on age of both, is the color normal for both at their ages??

BTW they are both Blue Barred Ambilobe locale
(male pictured first- his name is Solar, then the female's name is Skittles)

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 156
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 175
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 149
Take a look at my new pair and let me know what you think please

You have a lovely pair Chamchick! :D :D :D

Welcome and congrats :)

I would guess the male 2 to 4 months and the female 3 to 5 and probably both are on the younger sides of those guesses. Cant really be exact because many factors can cause chameleons to grow faster or slower. They look very very healthy and nice!! Males tend to be the less colorful between youngsters. They will normally be a brownish to gray color and females brownish to peachy type colors.

Congrats on a super looking pair:)

I got the male from Screameleons, and was told his hatch date was 11-1-10... the female from Chamalot Chameleons, and was told her hatch date was 11-10-10

I was just concerned a bit bc the female is so much bigger than him, at only 9 days older, and also him being so dark all the time. They are eating well though, and I'm simply in awe of them.:)

I find that chameleons go through a growth spurt between 3 and 4 months of age where they will literally seem to double in size overnight. Its just possible that your boy just hasn't gone through his growth spurt yet.

Nice looking girl by the way ;)

I find that chameleons go through a growth spurt between 3 and 4 months of age where they will literally seem to double in size overnight. Its just possible that your boy just hasn't gone through his growth spurt yet.

Nice looking girl by the way ;)

Do you raise babies outside or give them any natural sunshine? WC insects? This can easily make a baby grow faster than housed indoors on a commercial feeder diet.

LOL yeah Dez, I'm sure she looks familiar ;)

She really is gorgeous. I'm so happy to have these two. I find it hard to not look at them LOL

Trying to give them as much privacy as I can right now though.

Do you raise babies outside or give them any natural sunshine? WC insects? This can easily make a baby grow faster than housed indoors on a commercial feeder diet.

Lol that's true. My chamy kids do get a lot of natural sunlight and you are right they do grow faster in natural sun.

Back
Top Bottom