Tail discoloration

SimbaDC650

IMG_0469_zpsa03f11dc.jpg

My panther tail is lighter and dryer then the rest of him, Ill add pictures tomorrow. But I mist 3 times a day and have been having trouble keeping humity above 45-55%. I live in San Francisco Have his lights set to 12/12 with also a night light red 50Watts.
He eats and drinks fine.

I have just ordered
Exo Terra Monsoon RS400 Rainfall System
Exo Terra Digital Combination Thermometer/Hygrometer
Zoo Med Reptile Fogger Terrarium Humidifier
Zilla 11573 Analog Timer Power Center, 1875-Watt' by Zilla

I will be looking at getting him real plants as well during the weekend.
He is about 3-4 inches long, got him from LLLreptile.

video
http://s264.photobucket.com/user/SimbaDC650/media/IMG_0471_zpsa58bee22.mp4.html?filters[user]=59851348&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Hi welcome to the forum. I would ditch your red light as he needs a drop in temp overnight in order to slow the metabolism down in order to sleep. Chams can see the red light as they have a parietal eye on the top of the head . It is advisable to give them total darkness where possible overnight. How long has his tail been lighter? Could be going to shed. Could you up the mistings? It is not necessary to maintain 70% humidity . It needs to peak 70% a few times a day and dry out in between.

IMG_0469_zpsa03f11dc.jpg

My panther tail is lighter and dryer then the rest of him, Ill add pictures tomorrow. But I mist 3 times a day and have been having trouble keeping humity above 45-55%. I live in San Francisco Have his lights set to 12/12 with also a night light red 50Watts.
He eats and drinks fine.

I have just ordered
Exo Terra Monsoon RS400 Rainfall System
Exo Terra Digital Combination Thermometer/Hygrometer
Zoo Med Reptile Fogger Terrarium Humidifier
Zilla 11573 Analog Timer Power Center, 1875-Watt' by Zilla

I will be looking at getting him real plants as well during the weekend.
He is about 3-4 inches long, got him from LLLreptile.

video
http://s264.photobucket.com/user/Si...s[user]=59851348&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
Did you ever find out !??mine does this!

Back
Top Bottom