Table/stand for enclosure

Jabba93

Established Member
I’m getting a Dragon Strand drainage tray for my enclosure and the dimensions for the tray are 25x25”. Could someone recommend a table or stand of some kind that could accommodate those dimensions? What do you guys use as a stand for your enclosures?

I went through this same problem. I actually ended up using a foldup table for kids from Amazon .24x 24.

I’m getting a Dragon Strand drainage tray for my enclosure and the dimensions for the tray are 25x25”. Could someone recommend a table or stand of some kind that could accommodate those dimensions? What do you guys use as a stand for your enclosures?

I use a wire shelving unit that i ordered online from home depot and had it sent to my nearest store since they didn't carry them in store.

You can’t put just any old table with a viv as nice as a DS, that would be a shame! Build yourself a nice river table, or better yet, order one from me!

Some floating shelves I’m working on to hold a customers feeder tanks, supplements, equipment, etc... Each void is filled with a different colored epoxy or whatever a customer desires. Then all excess colored resin is sanded down and a few coats of liquid glass are applied, same type used on most bar tops. These are cut from pecky sinker cypress with living edges. Shame they have to put stuff on top of them and obstruct the view!
E2C81A5B-94A6-4987-BD61-C8EA3918BD49.jpeg
07C78B5A-97A7-4B50-BC47-6F4D3BA40A56.jpeg
74C22940-17F9-47F1-AE07-BD3183616BCC.jpeg
35150E15-C852-45B1-B6F2-46C7A6B8644F.jpeg
2B96659A-FEDE-4276-AE36-01CADB79F925.jpeg
913D3AED-EF4F-437B-A255-0E2A06E6A9E1.jpeg
D44DA196-D583-49BD-94D2-B9733CDD3DA0.jpeg

You can’t put just any old table with a viv as nice as a DS, that would be a shame! Build yourself a nice river table, or better yet, order one from me!

Some floating shelves I’m working on to hold a customers feeder tanks, supplements, equipment, etc... Each void is filled with a different colored epoxy or whatever a customer desires. Then all excess colored resin is sanded down and a few coats of liquid glass are applied, same type used on most bar tops. These are cut from pecky sinker cypress with living edges. Shame they have to put stuff on top of them and obstruct the view!View attachment 214587View attachment 214588View attachment 214589View attachment 214590View attachment 214591View attachment 214592View attachment 214593
GORGEOUS!!!

Some floating shelves I’m working on to hold a customers feeder tanks, supplements, equipment, etc... Each void is filled with a different colored epoxy or whatever a customer desires. Then all excess colored resin is sanded down and a few coats of liquid glass are applied, same type used on most bar tops. These are cut from pecky sinker cypress with living edges. Shame they have to put stuff on top of them and obstruct the view!

:eek: Right now I just got the universal drainage system. I have not gotten a DS viv yet, so I'm still using a medium Exo-Terra for my juvenile/sub adult veiled.

BUT.....

Once he gets his permanent Dragon Strand cage, I will definitely be looking at these gorgeous stands! How do you get the color in the wood? Just paint and liquid glass to seal it in? These are excellent!!(y)

Everywhere you see color on these shelves is because there was a void there for whatever reason. The reason there are so many voids in these shelves is because the cypress tree had a bacterial infection while it was living. The bacteria slowly dissolve the wood over time forming the voids. Thing is the tree will show no signs of this infection outwardly, you can’t tell if the tree is “pecky” until it’s cut down. It’s rare to find that’s what makes it so valuable.

All you need to make your own is two part epoxy resin and some pigment powder, both readily available on Amazon. Just clean out the voids of any loose wood and do a rough sanding. Then mix your resin and add your pigment to it, mix it well. Then just pour it into the voids you have selected(don’t have to do them all) and wait for it to cure, about an hour. While it’s drying you can run a skewer through it to give it whatever kind of swirl effect you desire. Make sure you pour just enough resin to slightly overfill the void. Once cured sand it all smooth and pour your topcoat. Actually very easy and I think most people can do it themselves with relative ease.

I’ve done some where we just poured the liquid glass and left it clear, colored ones, and even some where the resin in the voids glow in the dark. Also done some where I hid LED color change strip lights under white marble chips so it shined up through the resin and marble, very cool effect...

Here are the products I use, and a video explaining the basic technique:
AB146F21-39B4-402C-8EB1-8CED312EFD57.png

Also, I know this is off-topic, but I keep seeing this "Club Ambilobe" around the forum.... Is there a "Club Veiled"? #noloveforveileds :cautious:

Since this is your thread, I don't feel that it is being hijacked :LOL: but...

Actually I think you are referring to "Club Ambanja" ;). https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/club-ambanja.159525/

I have not seen a "Club" for veileds, but there are some great threads showing the love for them...

This is one of my favorite ones...

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/show-me-your-veileds.103514/

I think I would like to see a "Club Ambilobe" thread of sorts, so I think I will make one just for you! That way we can see a bunch more great looking chameleons (y).

Since this is your thread, I don't feel that it is being hijacked :LOL: but...

Actually I think you are referring to "Club Ambanja" ;). https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/club-ambanja.159525/

I have not seen a "Club" for veileds, but there are some great threads showing the love for them...

This is one of my favorite ones...

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/show-me-your-veileds.103514/

I think I would like to see a "Club Ambilobe" thread of sorts, so I think I will make one just for you! That way we can see a bunch more great looking chameleons (y).
I think you missed his point on this one and made a new club for yourself!:p

I’ve never hash tagged anything before in my entire life but I’m going to take a page from @Jabba93 on this one #STILLnoloveforveilds!

Back
Top Bottom