T.q.gracilior viv . Alien pod Biosphere

Rorschach

Avid Member
Well a sneak peak so far. Updated pics as soon as im finished but heres a mock up example of what i did its a 3 foot fiberglass sphere that i drew and cut out with the plants in a 40 gal smart pot sitting inside a 8 inch deep shower pan thats 3ftx3ft more work to do but will upload progress pics soon
Screenshot_20160908-094155.png

I really like the way this turned out. I think I would love one of these as an outdoor enclosure. It would be cool to have it setup where it could be hung!

Thanks you guys i had a few things going on that took me away from the project but i started on it again and got really excited to show it but unfortunately its not ready yet so i thought sneak peaks would be fun
I really like the way this turned out. I think I would love one of these as an outdoor enclosure. It would be cool to have it setup where it could be hung!
that is definitely a neat idea how cool would that be to see. I was in a hurry with the design and thats all i was able to do. Its always easier to do stuff for other people and not so much for your self lol im to indecisive when someone else wants something they tell me in detail and its easier to visualize

I wasnt to sure how it would turn out lol hope it would look as cool as it does in my head but itll be a few more days for the finished pic's im excited and glad you guys like it

More pictures this one is a little too zoomed in! Plus some photos of the inside would be nice, cool Idea. Also are you sure this is big enough for a happy Quad? Maybe a female would be ok in there.

This build was just for fun just about everything was free even the fiberglass sphere i posted theses sneak peak in another post it explains that this is only for a few more months hoping to last about 3 to 4 more months with my t.q.glacilior in there. Hes only about 8 inches now still small ... i have a juvenile panther that will go in here next but will change out the plants and misting schedule. To suit the panthers needs this is a small practice vivarium didn't really want to fail on a large scale and as sensitive to stress that these quads are i wasnt too keen on t5be thought of alot of potential problems from experimenting...... pulling out and changing any plants that stress out and die or mite control or any other issues to come into play. As stated above its just a mock up display. More or less just plants with a stick thrown in there to show an example of the display just was excited about the unique approach with the cage shape that i wanted to show a progress pic thats all. im still waiting on two other plants that will go in there to give a canopy layer to explore. Bask . but i really like the idea of the planted look on the bottom that will hold in the humidity longer
where i live in cali it was in the hundreds for quite a bit in August and maintaining temps and humidity for this little guy was a chore in a screen enclosure
they dry out really fast which isnt good for the Gracilior so long story short it a small practice viv with minimal stress that will allow me to transfer all my new knowledge over to a bigger viv build and to have less complications and less stress on the next setup for both the chameleon and myself lol thank you f i r your concerns as im always looking for any that i can change to make things work effectively

20160917_132035.png
testing the fogger.. mister.. and lights. Still just a mock up and the large plant in the center will be taken out. Just havent found the specific plants yet. But they will be on the sides ... the fake plants will be replaced with live pothos and the stand is not complete just another sneak peak of the project thats all

Back
Top Bottom