T-Mobile.

Syn

Avid Member
I have had it up to here (I'm pointing somewhere at the ceiling) with them lately.
Ever since the AT&T jazz it seems they are laying off all of the decent customer support reps.

About three weeks ago I decided to switch from Sprint internet to T-Mobile internet. No big deal.
Well, didn't like it, their service here wasn't 4G like they'd said, well, alright I'll return it. I have two days left under the buyer's remorse policy.

I go into the store, LOL you're two days OVER the policy, sorry. Wait, what?

Guess they had server issues and said if I can find the receipt and prove that I really did buy it a few days prior I could cancel.
Well, I did, now I have to go get the signature of the manager/person who sold the broadband card to me. Both were out for the week. :rolleyes:

Welp, now I'm stuck on a two year contract with T-Mobile for this:

1235042637.png

0.10 Mb/s. GREAT SPEED! Nearly twice as fast as dial up! 99% of the US has better internet than me. :(

Paying $50 a month for something I can't really use and I just started online classes.
It will probably take me anywhere from 2-5 minutes to get this post through.

sjdghfjsdgkhgkhdsfgkjf. sghkjdhdfjgh. SDFASKLFAFJASFK~!!!#@#%%

Has anyone else with T-Mobile had issues with them lately?

Dont eat that shit! Get back to those folk and stay on it, just because they were away doesn't invalidate their own policy. Nothing more frustrating than a sucky connection, more so if your locked into paying for it for 2 yeas! Arrrrgh. Fight the system Syn, get a better deal!

Call corporate. I'm sure that they will have the decency to refund all of your money and get you out of your contract.

Welcome to the joy of dealing with mobile carriers! :)

Had so many issues with sprint I can't even count them up. Calling anyone and everyone gets you absolutely nowhere. My mom went on a rampage and actually made it up to the #2 of Sprint command and STILL couldn't get the bill fixed for months (was over 3 times the amount it should have been due to their error). All the companies are that way though. I swear if there was a service provider that actually had at all decent customer service they would make a killing on that alone!

Well I had a reply for ya Jo but the thread was closed earlier and now the title has changed as well. Apparently CF doesn't like me going @#$#%^, unsure why. @#$%^$#$%^$#56.

Anywhoooo. Not much to be done now, I've called whoever I can to try to get it removed. It's a phone line now, not much else can be done. If anything I'll ask around to see if someone wants to use the phone line (calls/texts), it's only costing us $10 a month but maybe we could find someone who wants to use it for a little more. *shrugs*

I had Sprint for internet but we finally decided, you know what? Heck naw to that.

I miss T-Mobile's old service. :c

I work with wireless carriers (tmo, att, sprint, all prepaid), call corporate and tell them you arent satisfied with the speeds etc. Most of the time if you remain pleasant you'll get a person trying to help you, if you off the cuff act like an asshole they wont help you at all.

I know for a fact tmobile has shitty support (even on the retail support side) i've had a representative put me on hold, then tmo mexico picks up, says his prewritten dialog and i go "hello..." and then i get a hang up!

Sprint support isnt bad at all, ive had ONE bad rep out of all the reps when i've called. The rep was being a jackass and i wanted his id to report him if anything happened on his side and he gave it to me and hung up.

ATT has off and on with their support, ive had people with HEAVY accents, ive had people talking at 52 miles per hour and acting condescending because i couldnt understand wtf they were saying etc.

but disregarding all these facts, just go to corporate and let them know what happen and why.

Not sure how to go about contacting corporate - I've been more than nice 99 out of 100 times, the only time I blew a fuse was when they told me to reformat my computer to get the card to work. I mean, really.. really? REALLY? kfghkdgjfasdgf.

I couldn't believe that.

I had Sprint prior to having T-Mobile, never had any luck when I called them, always got someone who decided that they were smarter regardless of what happened - the only way I got anywhere was saying I was going to cancel my service (which I honestly was, several times but got talked out of it for a few months)...

I guess my main issue lately is the speed. With T-Mobile I can't really do anything though because their contract supposedly says if there's service (even if it's 2G) it's service. *sigh*

yeah, threatening them makes them move fast !

the people who told you to find the receipt are bullshitting you, you have to set up a contract and they have the date you got it, and they should be able to just return it as such AND should have your receipt on files...

at radioshack we can pull up receipts 5 years from today LOL especially cell phones and bigger items...

call the tmo store and ask for the district managers number or something like that and work your way up, or look at tmo's site.

i have a GREAT tmo rep here where i live who i work with and he will do EVERYTHING he can to help me solve problems, i dunno how it is where your at.

Eh, I am just tired of dealing with the situation.. I'm 17 and have been the one who has been calling T-Mobile/Sprint for the past five or six years and I just wish I didn't have to anymore, I'm too young for this :D:rolleyes::D. What ever happened to no-BS companies? :'(

you try prepaid aircards ? virgin mobile ? 40/month for unlimited 3g speeds..pay for the equipment and you add money when you use it, when you wanna stop you dont have to pay anymore because it is prepaid..

other then that i dont really (imo) like the idea of running a laptop or pc running on an aircard...not at the speeds and price they are asking for !

I hate using aircards as well, may try Virgin but it's not too fast.

I just don't get any real internet where I'm at. ACE HOW FAST IS VERIZON!? And do you get cut off after 5gb?

I may try Cricket, too, but they have a 5gb limit. :(

EDIT: Virgin Mobile reserves the right, without notice, to temporarily limit throughput speeds when monthly data usage on the $50 Broadband2Go Plan exceeds 2.5GB. <-- in other words like 4 days for me.

Last edited:
I worked at a call center usually asking for a supervisor and then asking for that supervisors supervisor gets the job done. It sucks you've had to deal with things at such a young age, but I'm kinda with you on that. The only way to get the job done is to do it yourself. Blame their employees for lying and unethical behavior. That usually works for me. And if they say any service means you have to pay, tell them you get no service at all. Keep the thing off when they try to test it and all at home and say you have no service. I'm sure that will work.

I have told them I get no service (at the time I didn't), and was told, oh we'll send techs out. Called back because techs never came out and they said, well our maps say you have 4G coverage so there's nothing you can do.

Well my maps say the place I should stick my foot is between your... :rolleyes:

Time to call out the big dogs. My mom can usually argue her way out of anything. It's where I learned it from. Tell your parents! If I were able to help you I would. Let me know.

My mom has been the one to get the bill raised if anything. "Would you like to add on such and such for $40?" YES I'LL TAKE TWO. Two weeks later I call them up about something, "Can you lower the price from $40 to $15 like it's supposed to be?" *sigh* I love my mom to death but sometimes she is just silly. :p :eek:

from what ive been told virgin mobile is unlimited aircard time, but lemme double check the ones i have at work the next time im in...

verizon runs on the same network as sprint and both i believe have a 5gb cap option.

att has a 4gb hotspot option, i dont remember their aircard prices

is there clearwire out there ? or is there comcast2go ?

plus 2.5gb a day is ALOT for an aircard a day lol you torrenting ?!? haha

I had Verizon for ISP for years an it was always a hassle. I have cable now (TWC) and have almost no problems. But I can always tell when the whole neigbhorhood is online, my conection laaaaggsss...and do you know how frustating that is, when you are in a middle of a game and you are killing anything that moves and...and...and...I am venting, sorry...I am very competitive...

from what ive been told virgin mobile is unlimited aircard time, but lemme double check the ones i have at work the next time im in...

verizon runs on the same network as sprint and both i believe have a 5gb cap option.

att has a 4gb hotspot option, i dont remember their aircard prices

is there clearwire out there ? or is there comcast2go ?

plus 2.5gb a day is ALOT for an aircard a day lol you torrenting ?!? haha
I'm a "gamer," one time I stayed up all weekend with a friend. It was fun, have slowed down on gaming since (soccer etc.) but I do get bored sometimes... but when my internet was "decent" I did use Hulu a lot since I don't have TV.
I had Verizon for ISP for years an it was always a hassle. I have cable now (TWC) and have almost no problems. But I can always tell when the whole neigbhorhood is online, my conection laaaaggsss...and do you know how frustating that is, when you are in a middle of a game and you are killing anything that moves and...and...and...I am venting, sorry...I am very competitive...

Hehe me too. Go cut some lines... :D

Back
Top Bottom