T.melleri pair

BigLebowski

Hello,

I am from Austria and about to get a subadult Trioceros melleri. I have built an enclosure 3,3x3,3x6,5 ft (1x1x1,90m). In my mind this encolsure is very big for one animal so I thought I could get a pair (the animals are currently together in one enclosure at the dealership)
I know that T.melleri like the most chamaeleons are territorial and easy to stress but is it possible to keep a pair permanently together in an enclosure this size ?
So what do the experts here say to my question?

Regards
Jakob

I'm no expert, only been hanging around here for a few months, but I'm pretty sure the answer you're going to get is unequivocally "no".

Since you are building, perhaps you can include a solid partition wall. If you can get thin foamed PVC panel, that stuff is perfect. It is what Dragon Strand uses for some parts of their cage construction.

Mellers are large chameleons that need a lot of space. That size might be sufficient for a single adult but it could be too small. I've not kept a mellers, so maybe someone with first hand experience will contribute.

Check out Mellers Discovery - it's an older blog about a keeper's experience with multiple Mellers. It hasn't been updated in awhile, but it is full of good information.

Mellers can be very difficult to keep, particularly if they are wild caught. Please do MUCH research before committing.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am from Austria and about to get a subadult Trioceros melleri. I have built an enclosure 3,3x3,3x6,5 ft (1x1x1,90m). In my mind this encolsure is very big for one animal so I thought I could get a pair (the animals are currently together in one enclosure at the dealership)
I know that T.melleri like the most chamaeleons are territorial and easy to stress but is it possible to keep a pair permanently together in an enclosure this size ?
So what do the experts here say to my question?

Regards
Jakob
no mean you you need 1.80 meters high 2-3 wide and atleast 1 meter deep

Back
Top Bottom