Swollen eye with scratch/burn

Definitely think the eye is improving! He still has 9 or 10 days till meds are done. But the bottom right is from today! Definitely seems to be less inflamed.

Attachments

• 723B941F-E5E3-4D79-AA53-8AC3767941D6.jpeg
    723B941F-E5E3-4D79-AA53-8AC3767941D6.jpeg
    569.3 KB · Views: 66
It’s so hard to tell with the different angles. Swelling definitely has gone down. But now he hates me more than ever because I keep putting the meds in his mouth every day! 😂 I’m just trying to help you! 😭
He has one day left of antibiotics…. Thoughts? It doesn’t seem to be 100% better…

Attachments

• EFB333AF-7B4C-45C9-BE6A-6D7278A20E70.png
    EFB333AF-7B4C-45C9-BE6A-6D7278A20E70.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
He has one day left of antibiotics…. Thoughts? It doesn’t seem to be 100% better…
Too thicken the plot here too I was cleaning out his cage and found a huge brown spider that had made a web in the bottom. I cleaned that fucker out and got ride of it… I wonder if this all could have been a spider bite… anyhow I guess I have to make the decision to follow up with the subpar vet in a few days or wait for the amazing vet mid July….

Too thicken the plot here too I was cleaning out his cage and found a huge brown spider that had made a web in the bottom. I cleaned that fucker out and got ride of it… I wonder if this all could have been a spider bite… anyhow I guess I have to make the decision to follow up with the subpar vet in a few days or wait for the amazing vet mid July
Call the sub-par and see if they want to prescribe you a different antibiotic from an on line compounding pharmacy like Diamondback or Wedgewood https://www.wedgewoodpharmacy.com/n...acies-merge-to-provide-greater-benefits-.html
Thanks! I made an apt with them for Wednesday. I’m thinking I might try a different exotic vet in my area. Bring them all the info from the subpar one and see if they will prescribe something else. This current place was pretty resistant to offering anything else. I’ll call them tomorrow and see if they would be able to use one of these online places. If they say no and this is the only antibiotic they have I will try the other one.

They either don't know any other antibiotics to use or they don't know of these pharmacies or they prefer to sell you only what they have to increase their billing.

Side note: I have had to use extended and 2-3 courses of 1-2 antibiotics to treat TGI in one stubborn Jackson I have that came with the TGI.

They either don't know any other antibiotics to use or they don't know of these pharmacies or they prefer to sell you only what they have to increase their billing.
Agreed they literally just have one choice but it seemed to have helped a little. I’ll try the other exotic and still hold onto the July apt with the best choice exotic.

This vet who seems much more knowledgeable is thinking it’s a blocked nasal duct he has a little swelling in the left side of the roof of his mouth. Getting me a quote for sedation and flushing. And will be discussing risks. Sounds like a complicated procedure!

This vet who seems much more knowledgeable is thinking it’s a blocked nasal duct he has a little swelling in the left side of the roof of his mouth. Getting me a quote for sedation and flushing. And will be discussing risks. Sounds like a complicated procedure!
Sorry swelling is on the same side as the eye. Right side.

He did well did not need to be sedated looking at injected antibiotics every 3 days for the next few weeks and rx eye drops to the nostrils and eyes 2-3x daily😅 I totally got this😬

Attachments

• ED65DDAD-7EF6-4792-AE4A-EE8B6FF69152.jpeg
    ED65DDAD-7EF6-4792-AE4A-EE8B6FF69152.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 311917FE-99DC-4370-8D4D-AC57C5489D90.jpeg
    311917FE-99DC-4370-8D4D-AC57C5489D90.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 51
This vet also said that she doesn’t recommended oral antibiotics for Chams due to the sensitive nature of their tongues… hence the injections… thoughts?

I'm not a vet...just speaking from my experiences and what others have told me (including vets).

I've never heard of drops being put in the nostrils.

I've never heard about the tongue being sensitive to the antibiotics either....but it doesn't bother me that the meds are given by injection. I was always instructed to give it in the upper half of the arm.

I'm not sure it matters that you are using the lower part of the arm...just don't give any injections in the hinds legs or lower half of the body (like below the "waist") because the meds are said to go straight out in the renal system if you do...and do the chameleon no good. Also make sure you keep him very well hydrated while he's on the meds.

Thank you!!! I think the reasoning behind the nostrils was to get it all through the sinus system. It just seems strange. This is the second vet and I feel like this place is better than the last. I still have my preferred vet on July 18 so I figure I will need to roll through this and see if it improves. The vet said that the injection antibiotics and the eye/nose drops are being used together because the infection is one of two types and treating him for both was the best bet. The nostril thing seems weird to me. I have not put it in his nostril but the vet did. Figured I’d stick with the eye until I get more feedback from here.

Back
Top Bottom