Swollen eye/looks like he can't open it now.

Nick429255

Trying to find some advice...

My 8 month old panther has had one of his eyes swollen. mostly the socket surrounding the eye. i got up this am, and it looks like he's got "sleep" in it and it isnt opening. He's been eating and looks good except for his eye. It looked like he was getting ready to shed and a few pieces began to flake off, but then just stopped.

5 min later AS I WRITE THIS....
I went over to his cage and his eye is now open about 15 min after his timer kicked in for the basking lamp and the repti glo 5.0 to go on. Just trying to nip this early if it is anything. I'd post pictures, but nobody seems to want tohelp me post pics...even in the site help forum.

Trying to find some advice...

My 8 month old panther has had one of his eyes swollen. mostly the socket surrounding the eye. i got up this am, and it looks like he's got "sleep" in it and it isnt opening. He's been eating and looks good except for his eye. It looked like he was getting ready to shed and a few pieces began to flake off, but then just stopped.

5 min later AS I WRITE THIS....
I went over to his cage and his eye is now open about 15 min after his timer kicked in for the basking lamp and the repti glo 5.0 to go on. Just trying to nip this early if it is anything. I'd post pictures, but nobody seems to want tohelp me post pics...even in the site help forum.

If you need to post pics, just go to imageshack.com and then choose the code for forum once you've uploaded your pics!
I reckon he should probably get some eye drops so you can flush out his eye.. if he started to shed like you say then maybe he has a piece of skin stuck in his eye and it's gone now?
I think giving him some misting would be good for him too.
Hope this helps!

Have you tried to load photos like the sticky instructions?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-post-photos-video-3609/

Also you need to fill in the How to ask for Help sticky so that we can check everything is ok with your husbandry, it might pick up something that needs tweaking :)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Where did you locate the thread on how to post pictures?? i have been on the forum for a good while & never heard or saw the thread. It is great!

Where did you locate the thread on how to post pictures?? i have been on the forum for a good while & never heard or saw the thread. It is great!

Its in the Site Assistance part of the forum....there is lots of good stuff in there :)

Back
Top Bottom