Sweet Grumpy

Dr Bruce talked to me a little when I picked up the Baytril. He gave me the impression that Grumpy’s situation is an unusual one. He spoke with several other vets who found her case interesting (said they wished the case was theirs) and felt the antibiotic is the best course. He also said he’s never seen as high of a white blood cell count in a lizard as hers is. Still no idea what the hard lumps on her sides are, other than they aren’t eggs or follicles. They were quite prominent earlier and her underbelly looked bloated. All my hopes are in the antibiotic at this point. I just have a really bad gut feeling that this isn’t going to end well. 😞
I am so sorry... I still have my fingers crossed that the baytril will fix whatever is going on. You just never know with these guys and it doesnt always mean a bad ending. So that is what I am hoping for you and Grumpy. ❤️

My sweet girl looks terrible today…very bloated. She’s only reluctantly eating too. I called Dr Bruce (thankfully he’s in his office this morning) and he said she’s constipated. I’m to give her a little pumpkin and mineral oil. I‘ve been giving her hornworms and silkworms to help hydrate her, along with the extra oral fluids. I hope it all works. I hope something works to get her back to her usual sassy self.
Then Stella is still trying to decide where she’s going to lay her eggs. I saw that she had started to dig a little in her substrate, but abandoned it. I put together a lay bin and put that in and same thing. She’s just restlessly roaming her enclosure. I see her peeking at me over her privacy sheet when I go in for Grumpy and hear her climbing all around.
All of my hair will be white by the time Grumpy recovers and Stella lays.
B8F88C8B-B08E-4004-8D8E-F6826FF4F91E.jpeg

Sweet Grumpy finally pooped sometime yesterday. Yay! I’m hoping she’ll be feeling and looking at least a little better today. She’s still eating, basking, hissing at me and active, which is encouraging. The other day when I was giving her fluids and medication, she completely shut down…closed her eyes and waited for her end. Yesterday she hissed and gaped at me the whole time, so that is a good sign.
Stella has been restlessly roaming thru her enclosure still. From a tiny peek and the sounds of it, she’s starting to dig in various places for a few minutes and then moves on. After thinking about it, I got her old lay bin and swapped it with the current one while she’s asleep. It’s maybe an inch larger but it’s much taller. Even though neither girl has laid very many times, I remembered that they are fussy about their bins.

😀 that´s sounds progressing.
The other day when I was giving her fluids and medication, she completely shut down…closed her eyes and waited for her end.
On the other hand that was scary, luckily it turned out good 👏

Stella has been restlessly roaming thru her enclosure still.
Got the same problem with Cher right now and it´s her first time......Hate when they screen climb!!

I remembered that they are fussy about their bins.
Hopefully it doesn´t bother her too much 🤞

Today is such a better day than the past several have been. My Sweet Grumpy does look a little better and is definitely showing signs that she’s feeling better. As soon as she saw I had a silkworm, she came rushing down from her basking spot to snag it.
Seems Stella is very fussy about her lay bin. After hearing what has become her usual roaming around noises this morning, I just went in and had to listen hard to hear the soft sounds of digging. Took a quick peek and she’s hard at work and almost dug to the bottom of her old bin. I hated to interfere and make any changes, but she obviously has very strict standards about her lay bin.

Today is such a better day than the past several have been. My Sweet Grumpy does look a little better and is definitely showing signs that she’s feeling better. As soon as she saw I had a silkworm, she came rushing down from her basking spot to snag it.
Seems Stella is very fussy about her lay bin. After hearing what has become her usual roaming around noises this morning, I just went in and had to listen hard to hear the soft sounds of digging. Took a quick peek and she’s hard at work and almost dug to the bottom of her old bin. I hated to interfere and make any changes, but she obviously has very strict standards about her lay bin.
That’s so awesome! I’m so glad sweet grumpy is better! Also very happy that miss Stella is digging her hole!

Back
Top Bottom