Sweet Gentle Nosy is no more. RIP my freind. God's Speed

wlamore

To those that understand how a grown man can cry when his male Madagascan chameleon dies in his hands. I nursed him for 3 years of his life with a broken jaw that his cage mate inflicted on him. I did adopt him and setup a nice jungle cage with mist system the whole deal. I had just solved the to much water in the catch pan under his apartment with a drain into a bucket under the role around cabinet. He took a turn for the worse a few days ago after once again trying to treat the jaw which kept building up scab material and had at one time before I removed it, worn the tissue of the upper lip up to just under the eye. I could never quite fix him. He ate well and all that met this gentle friendly old guy did love him. He died in my hand warming him at 1:17 pm. For a day or two he just sat with his mouth open, had turned a brilliant orange and was very weak. I gave him and injection of saline under the skin and that seemed to help. However with the last one I may have killed him. After 10 minutes of him turning brown, emptying his bowel and everting his hemipenis, he protruded his glottis and died. RIP my little friend I will truly miss seeing you every day.
1f62a.png

I'm so sorry for your loss. You provided great care for him, good job with that, but unfortunately, some things just happen. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Sorry for your loss :(. It is tough losing our babies, but especially when they are "special needs" and require so much more of us.

Here is a blog of mine about dealing with losing a chameleon and a timely coincidence. Not sure if you have seen the linked podcast, but I thought it was well done.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/lost-my-little-boy-what-now.2341/

Sorry for your loss, and many of us understand the tears.

Rest in Paradise Little One...

To those that understand how a grown man can cry when his male Madagascan chameleon dies in his hands. I nursed him for 3 years of his life with a broken jaw that his cage mate inflicted on him. I did adopt him and setup a nice jungle cage with mist system the whole deal. I had just solved the to much water in the catch pan under his apartment with a drain into a bucket under the role around cabinet. He took a turn for the worse a few days ago after once again trying to treat the jaw which kept building up scab material and had at one time before I removed it, worn the tissue of the upper lip up to just under the eye. I could never quite fix him. He ate well and all that met this gentle friendly old guy did love him. He died in my hand warming him at 1:17 pm. For a day or two he just sat with his mouth open, had turned a brilliant orange and was very weak. I gave him and injection of saline under the skin and that seemed to help. However with the last one I may have killed him. After 10 minutes of him turning brown, emptying his bowel and everting his hemipenis, he protruded his glottis and died. RIP my little friend I will truly miss seeing you every day.
1f62a.png

What was truly amazing although I understood his distress, he literally blazed the color of the sun. I have never seen anything like it. In death he slowly returned to normal then a brown and was at peace with God. I now know the meaning of the what is meant by the "throws of death" and the "agony of death".

Many of them blaze like the sun just before they die...it's like a last call for help...or a last hurrah. Then they pale and then turn dark and die as a rule.

Back
Top Bottom