Sweating egg!!!!!!!!!!

Warrix642

:D:D:D:D:D My first clutch of Panthers is finally hatching after 8+ months. So far only 1 of about 40 eggs has shrank and is sweating. I cant wait for them to come out, I am all set up and ready for them. I separated them in different deli-cups with different mixes of media so I am sure they will hatch at different times.

I do need some more already producing FF cultures but I cant find any... Anyone know who has any?

PS - They are Fierce babies!!!!!!

Dustin

Yes with that many babies you need lots of ff's. You can also use pin heads.
We are all waiting for pictures!! Wow a cham grand pa. Can we call you pa?:rolleyes:

Thats great news!! Good luck with them! When mine hatched out I was in a panic since I did not have any fruit flies. I got some from a local guy on dedroboard. Dart frog people always have fruit flies handy. Worth a try. Also, if you go with fruit flies, do the hydeis. They others that I cant remember the name right now are way too small and were kindof a waste for me. Pinheads are really better anyway if you can get some. Mine did not really start eating until 3 -4 days after hatching so I really had no reason to be worried. Let me know if I can help out.

So far it is only sweating and has not pipped. Still just the one :)

Thats great news!! Good luck with them! When mine hatched out I was in a panic since I did not have any fruit flies. I got some from a local guy on dedroboard. Dart frog people always have fruit flies handy. Worth a try. Also, if you go with fruit flies, do the hydeis. They others that I cant remember the name right now are way too small and were kindof a waste for me. Pinheads are really better anyway if you can get some. Mine did not really start eating until 3 -4 days after hatching so I really had no reason to be worried. Let me know if I can help out.

Thanks, I have hatched T. Montium and I have dealt with the different FF(melongassar and hydei). I agree Pinheads are best but I like a nice variety and I need some producing FF. I have never dealt with cricket eggs, is it worth the hassle?

Dustin

It is worth the hassle. I just put the container into a tub, and misted it everyday and I had an explosion of pinheads. i put a small dish of water crystals in with them and a slice of apple, or squash and they thrived. I use several paper towel rolls cut in 3rds and turned on end and for each feeding, i shake one out into a cup, dust them and sprinkle them in the baby bin.

The little guy finally came out of the egg and he is napping by the other eggs. I think I will leave him in there until morning. I will post some pics tom. The other eggs still show no signs of hatching yet.

Dustin

Update!!!!

So far 31 of 35 have hatched and are growing quickly! Sadly 4 have passed away but it was early on. The rest are almost 1 month old now and they will be ready for new homes soon! I'll try to take some pics soon but it is very hard to get any good pics of babies.

Who wants some Fierce babies?!?

PS When the eggs were 2-4 weeks I sold 2 to a buddy who lives about 45 mins away. They both hatched (before mine) and are doing great!

Back
Top Bottom